Issue with new analog stick support

I noticed that the controls (I was using the keyboard) were unusually jerky and non-responsive after the 2.2.0 patch. After unplugging my 360 gamepad, they returned to normal. Well, actually Siralim crashed when I unplugged it, and then the controls were better when I restarted. Anyway, could it be a deadzone issue?

Template below:

1. Is your issue a bug, or is it a crash?
    Both, I guess. The bug is janky keyboard controls with a 360 pad connected, and the crash is when the controller is unplugged.

2. If it’s a crash, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
    It was just the standard Windows dialog, “Siralim.exe has stopped working”.

3. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.
    Unplug the gamepad while playing.

4. What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, or iOS?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit.

5. What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

6. Any other details to help us solve the problem, such as what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred, or any hints on how we can reproduce it.
    Not that I can think of.

Using the joystick control seems to work, but it also has a bit of a lag (fraction of a second) delay from when you stop pushing to the point where movement stops.

Personally, I much prefer using the d-pad with the way control worked in 2.1.0.

Note that I am using a Logitech 310 game pad.

Uploading a patch to fix this now.

[quote=“rlnonay, post:2, topic:1017”]Using the joystick control seems to work, but it also has a bit of a lag (fraction of a second) delay from when you stop pushing to the point where movement stops.

Personally, I much prefer using the d-pad with the way control worked in 2.1.0.

Note that I am using a Logitech 310 game pad.[/quote]

It might be nice to be able to toggle analog support in the control settings. I prefer D-pad, too, but that’s only since I fixed my 360 controller’s D-pad to be usable. I’m glad analog support was added, but it seems to have some issues as currently implemented.

The fix is up now - just restart Steam.

Confirmed that the keyboard, d-pad, and analog controls work as expected while my 360 controller is plugged in.

However, unplugging the controller still results in an immediate “siralim.exe has stopped working” crash. This is not a practical problem, but thought you’d want to know.