Keeping my team alive.

As I get higher into the realms, at about 56 now, I’m finding I’m technically only playing with half a team because as soon as the battle starts they get wasted. I know there are infinite depth builds that are more just obliterating the enemy before they have a chance, but what about other more typical teams that don’t revolve around that? Is it even feasible? Some of my light weight monsters get hit for like 5000 damage and they have 900 HP. I mean, I don’t want to stack DEF or HP on an artifact when I need a character to be able to do damage with spells. Just kind of wonky right now.

What are my options?

It seems like it’s easy to get your damage into insane levels and quickly, but what about doing the same for defense? I mean, there’s this trait that increases defense by 15% when attacked, but when you’re getting hit for that much, it’s kind of useless, lol

Shell, Invisible, Ward, Protect, Barrier, etc.

[quote=“Ignatius, post:1, topic:1984”]As I get higher into the realms, at about 56 now, I’m finding I’m technically only playing with half a team because as soon as the battle starts they get wasted. I know there are infinite depth builds that are more just obliterating the enemy before they have a chance, but what about other more typical teams that don’t revolve around that? Is it even feasible? Some of my light weight monsters get hit for like 5000 damage and they have 900 HP. I mean, I don’t want to stack DEF or HP on an artifact when I need a character to be able to do damage with spells. Just kind of wonky right now.

What are my options?[/quote]

The easy one way on start while u have a limited options is use creature “Hummer lord” and 1 artefact with “Start battle with invisible”. So u will start with all ur team in invisible. If u add “Shell” on other artefact, u can also survive some hard spells, but most time enemy just skip they turns.

Yeah, Shell seems to be the way to go, anything else I doubt would reduce damage enough. Protect probably won’t do much for a 900 HP monster getting hit for 5k lol

I’ll probably go with that.

There is a rune for protect where you don’t take burn and poison damage, that is why you need to run protect more than the 50% reduced damage. Those dots will one-shot you at higher levels.

Bastion provoke is 30% def and speed, spells like necromantic armor and true light are very good for def. I usually gain around 4k def and speed on my first round at around your realm level.

Not sure what monster it comes on, but I have an artifact with the trait Singularity which makes all of your monsters pool their maximum HP together, but take 50% extra damage. With a team of mostly level 90-100 monsters my team all have 6-7k health and can reliably survive hits at realm level 59.