Key Press Event Crash

1) Is your issue a bug, or is it a crash?
Crash.

2) If it’s a crash, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Otherwise, leave this field blank.

of Key Press Event for W-key Key
for object obj_itemmenu:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 168383.itemsonpage(101841, -2147483648)
at gml_Object_obj_itemmenu_KeyPress_87
############################################################################################

3) Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.
In the general menu, select “Items.” Now, “Artifacts” should be highlighted. Try pressing W and E at the exact same time (might require several attempts).
(It could possibly crash in other menus, too, though I haven’t really tested it.)

4) What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, or iOS?
Windows 8, 64-bit.

5) What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

6) Any other details to help us solve the problem, such as what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred, or any hints on how we can reproduce it.
FUUUUU!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
I had just crafted and hatched a Nether Demon egg (my first one) and I went to the Stable to get him. My finger must have slipped at some point during a menu and the game crashed. I copied the report and quickly re-launched the game to see that the creature had disappeared, I don’t even have the Nether Demon egg any more (I thought the game saved automatically every Realm, I will use the save function every time I do something important from now on). :’(
I tried to reproduce the crash (luckily, I was paying attention when the crash first occurred so I kind of knew what to do) and managed to do it three more times in the War Room. Every time, I got the same crash report except for the number just after “Variable Get,” which was different every time.

Maybe it is due to the fact that you order the game to show your artifacts and go back at the same time? I searched for similar reports on Google and it seems that there have been several other cases of that crash (though it was related to the Gem Altar).

Anyway, it is nice that the game displays crash reports, I will be more careful about doing that, now.

Edit. I saw in another thread that you contacted someone else so that they could get their egg back. Any chance you could do that for me, please? sad dog eyes

Sorry about the loss of the egg! If you tell me what was in the egg (gems, orb information, etc) I’ll send you a code to get a new one.

Dang, you ninja’d my edit.

Creature: Witch Doctor Sacrificer, named Dobraznuz (I don’t know if you can alter a name, though)
Nether Demon: Yes
Nether Orb info: Sapphire Nether Orb - 9 Sapphire activations - 26 gems (level 10)

It’s especially annoying since it was my third one. That means that I have both Steam achievements (3 Nether eggs + Nether Demon egg) but it only says “Nether Eggs Created/Hatched: 2” in the character sheet.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Sent you the code via PM!

Thank you very much, Zack!

Edit. I noticed that I still had my empowered Nether Orb and all my gems for this creature, so I discarded them all because I technically used them.
Also, I re-rolled the demonic ability a few times and I got Gust Aura, I’m happy with that.

Second Edit. Also discarded a Demon Dust because one had been lost in the process of making the original creature.