Life Mage Improvements

[size=12pt]Replace Chastise with Abnegation. [/size]
Move Chastise (at max level) to the creature that has Abnegation

Abnegation (0/25)
When your creatures are healed, deal damage to a random enemy equal to 0% (1% per level) of the healing done.

Reasoning:

[ul][li]By incrementing the new Abnegation Perk per Perk point spent, a journeying Life Mage has a reason to not only take Overheal, but also grows stronger with their Perk Point investment into Abnegation.[/li]
[li]Life Mages will no longer be tied to either using a creature with Abnegation or an artifact with the trait. Prior to acquiring Abnegation, Life Mages are very, very weak. Aside from Saia (which is a very strong creature), I can’t think of any other Mage type that’s absolutely tied to a specific creature/trait as much as Life mages are.[/li][/ul]

[size=12pt]Replace Luminesce with Barrier Swing[/size]

Barrier Swing (0/25)
At the beginning of your creatures’ turn, deal damage to random enemy creature equal to 0% (2% per level) of its’ Barrier strength.

Reasoning:

[ul][li]Luminsce is nearly useless, even at maximum rank. Casting a spell that grants Barrier (and Life has MANY OF THEM) results in a larger Barrier than Luminsce at 50% HP cap will ever provide.[/li]
[li]The artifact trait “Start with Barrier” would find more of a use.[/li]
[li]This Perk would also provide a gradual power increase with Perk Point accumulation.[/li][/ul]

[size=12pt]Add Immunity to Blight Perk[/size]

Immunity to Blight (0/1)
You creatures are immune to Blight

Reasoning:
[ul][li]Sorcery Mages get utterly crippled by Silence, and have a Perk to becoming immune to it. Life likewise gets utterly crippled by Blight. [/li][/ul]

Speaking of which…
Chaos - Should have Immunity to Scorn
Nature - Should have Immunity to Snare/Poison
Death - Should have Immunity to Frozen/Bleed

Hi,

I really love the first two skills.
That also gives the Life Mage some offensive potential early game on and Emlai would be more useful, too - maybe we can discuss the 25% for Abnegation considering the countless possibilities to heal your team every turn.

But I am not sure with the immunities. Blight is a good counter to heal kill and Scorn for beat down teams; and by the way a wise heal mage prepares head-on for blight, a wise attack mage for scorn and a spell mage for silence.
I’d rather vote for removing silence immunity of the Sorcery one. The idea behind is that one-trick ponys should be punished for relying on one tactic.
On a second thought who cares, in tavern brawls perks won’t count and everyone can decide for themselves using deity points for immunity or artifact slots + materials.

tbh adding SOME immunity perk to all of mages would be cool. Aint immune to blight outright available on artifacts though? I didnt find immune to silence and that p*d me off a lil. Getting abnegation w/o a dedicated creature idk. Life mages are that bad?
I ve found some nice things that can suit em, but it was far later in game.

Think they should have something like: use barrier for health-cost spells, health-cost spells cost 50% less health and 100 more effective.
Think just those 2 perks will make em on par with other mages.

Id say not even immune to blight, but ignore all debuffs on your 1st turn may be fine. Since atm life mages are a dump class :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: making life mages totally immunte to debuffs/ or just immune to debuffs for 1st turn as well as immune for stat-decreasing effects on 1st turn suddenly will make em totally viable class to play.

[quote=“Dirtyhands, post:2, topic:4256”]But I am not sure with the immunities. Blight is a good counter to heal kill and Scorn for beat down teams; and by the way a wise heal mage prepares head-on for blight, a wise attack mage for scorn and a spell mage for silence.
I’d rather vote for removing silence immunity of the Sorcery one. The idea behind is that one-trick ponys should be punished for relying on one tactic.
On a second thought who cares, in tavern brawls perks won’t count and everyone can decide for themselves using deity points for immunity or artifact slots + materials.[/quote]

Wise mage makes all-round build that excells in one field but can perform ok in spells/attack/other damage, so he can do any sigil for example.

On taverns i still dont undertand how it will work at all. No char perks/cards etc- you just mae up a team that will be lv 100, can you even choose gems/arts? Id say some fearsome gargantuans can do 1 turn fights. Some suicide packs + dauntless can do same. But lets see how it goes.

These are all excellent suggestions. I was about to make my own post but this is just about what I was thinking. It’s all about choice and as a Life Mage I HAVE to add blight immunity to every artifact I craft. Since artifacts can only hold one immunity the handful of others might as well not exist for me.

I would add a suggestion for one more minor change to Life Mage. Have tutorial Zonte give Life Mages the Chastise spell gem instead of Heaven’s Thunder (100% forgettable), or let them purchase it from Lister in place of Cloud Beam. Emlai tries to be a tank, an attacker, and a caster. His attack and int are both average so he really needs to be able to do both at once and Chastise is really the only way to make that happen. It synergizes well with his trait since if he gets attacked, he will cast Chastise, which will trigger the heal on his trait. A Life Mage would need the Chastise spell early to feel like Emlai is on par with other starters and the retaliation + heal makes it feel very Life Mage-like. Similar to how Death Mages needed Summon Death early to feel like a death mage.

Luminescence I feel would just be better as a very simple, “Barrier effects your creatures create are +x% stronger.”

If Abnegation must stay on its current creature then I’d say rename the perk Chastise to Penitence and make it “Your creatures’ spell gems that are triggered when attacked are +x% more potent” You’d use this to make the Chastise spell Emlai is triggering stronger and Divine Aegis when you find it.

If you do anything, please rename Chastise (the Perk) and make Chastise (the spell gem) easier to obtain.

I have to admit, as someone who basically stopped playing because of the wall I personally hit with Life Mage (I do admit I cannot devote as much time as I’d like to gaming these days, or to grinding.) I would be super stoked to see some of these changes get implemented, it would make my perk points feel useful, as right now all I’ve done is just jack spell and attack block because the others seem almost entirely reliant on spell gems which I’ve had rather poor luck on. I think most I like swapping Abnegation and Chastise (Though will this badly mess up other classes/builds?) and Immunity to Blight, as I ran into the same issue. “Great all my stuff is about healing…guess I am only allowed to be immune to blight since if I’m not I’m doomed.” Means if you get mass silenced/scorned you’re basically dead in the water unless you’ve just really lucked out on spell gems or have crafted artifacts that let your casters be relevant when attacking.

There is a creature that has a trait to make all your creatures immune to silence.
But you won’t see him until post-game or TONS of grind.