Linux, crash at installation

Steam opens the usual window, “Creating local game cashe file”, then… then… then… It crashes so far 3 times, and even Steam crashed in the process once.

I tried from my PlayOnLinux Steam for Windows installation, and i don’t have troubles.

Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE 64bits

If i try from a Terminal, i get this :

Running Steam on linuxmint 17.3 64-bit STEAM_RUNTIME has been set by the user to: /home/tchey/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime ExecCommandLine: "/home/tchey/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam steam://open/driverhelperready" ExecSteamURL: "steam://open/driverhelperready" Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1468023329) saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf' roaming config store 2 saved successfully Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1468023329) saving roaming config store to 'sharedconfig.vdf' roaming config store 2 saved successfully

Is there anything else coming up in the terminal? All of that log seems fine. Are all your drivers up to date?

Nothing in Terminal.

As far as i know, my system is up to date, and all other games i tried, from indi to AAA, recent and old, Steam or not, can be installed and ran.

Ok, I just uploaded a new version (0.14.1) for Linux only. Please restart Steam, grab the update, and see if that works for you.

If not, please try running the following commands in terminal:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openssh-client
sudo apt-get install openssh-server
sudo apt-get install libopenal1
sudo apt-get install libopenal1:i386
sudo apt-get install lib32z1
sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5
sudo apt-get install lib32bz2-1.0
sudo apt-get install libstdc++6:i386
sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm1
sudo apt-get install libssl1.0.0:i386
sudo apt-get install libglu1:i386
sudo apt-get install libxrandr-dev
sudo apt-get install libxrandr2:i386

I did that, and i had some missing part so i installed them. Then reboot, apt-get update again, but sadly, same result to install Siralim 2. I tried to install Siralim 1 from Steam too, no problem.

The only other solution I found via Google is to run this:

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Also, if you haven’t already, please try right-clicking Siralim 2 and go to “Delete local content”, then try installing the game again.

Still the same.

I try to find from internet other advices, but they are irrelevant for me.

Linux, no specific antivirus, no limited time to download, no limited internet, changed DL countries from France to others without success, etc. And it’s the only game to react like this on the list i’ve tried (The Swapper, Darkest Dungeon, BossConstructor, Sir You are Being Hunted, Lethal Ligue, Terraria, Planet Centauri…)

I tried to change different options on Steam, go Beta, no Beta, install somewhere else…

Linux distro used: Arch Linux

I set the download region to Africa and restarted Steam
The game started downloading and the play button works.

Setting up cloud saving now.

Cloud save worked, but keyboard and zoom along with anything under options did not carry over.
Fullscreen works

Thanks for testing! Configurations won’t carry over as those are specific to their own file.

I am honestly not sure what the problem could be, Tchey. I’ve tested the game on several different Linux distributions and can’t reproduce the problem. I will keep looking though, and have already contacted a few people (from Valve and Gamemaker) to see if they have any ideas.

Solved !

I tried different DL location, at first i was in France, then West Africa, Germany, New Zealand, Singapour… This morning (it’s 9AM here) i went back to West Africa “just in case”, and it’s working.

Weird

Cloud saving seems fine, i could load my saved game from GameOnLinux Steam for Windows, played, saved, played again.