Loot change

Loot change seems a bit inconsistent, moreover i dont percieve its scope.

1. chest loot in itherian realms severly reduced. to a point test run on 3 realms did not get anything from normal chests but a small amount of resources and few tier1-2 materials. boss chests still work semi ok, with loot amount reduced by 50-80%
    in addition there are concerns and doubts of how and if PU/ScS talismans even work now, obviously their value and usefulness has been massively reduced, at least amount of tokens/emblems per itherian realm chest loot has.
  2. in normal realms chests seem largely untouched, or a change is subtle
  3. realm quets rewards, nemesis drops seem untouched.
  4. prophecy rewards seem increased a bit

Only conclusion i can make: itherian realms for resources/exp/some talismans | normal realms for loot/charms/to get sigils. Also we recently got itherian exp nerf now sigil nerf.
I cant understand the vision of devs about it.

Cutting trash loot off/removing extra artifact/gem drop is a good thing. Since all the granite you can get will go on salvaging it till late game unless granite is one of your mage’s perks. But i suspect that instead of adjusting loot table, we just have overall amount of loot cut down.

And it seems like it was mostly nerfed for itherian realms.
If the aim is to balance somehow normal/itherian realms to preserve the importance of both and to cut off trash loot, then the direction is right, measures could be a bit more precise though, and a bit less controversial.

Increase exp in itherian realms back to pre-nerf amount, since we now have much less sigils?
With such bad loot maybe remove all realm chests from itherian realms but give boss chests substantional quanity/rarity boost?
Since it feels strange when itherian realm gives worse loot then a normal realm of the same depth, despite being +20% levels higher and having some vague 200-240% boost.

not sure what to make of this stream of consciousness rambling, but is there even meaningful content that far in or items you don’t yet have?

I think they’re trying to say that loot seems really off with the current patch. The quality of loot seems to have dropped severely—when I open a chest, it usually just has one or two handfuls of resources. Even Nemeses don’t seem to really give much at the moment.

EDIT: There’s also a chance it’s just the clutter that’s been reduced so we’re only getting fewer spell gems and stuff that we were honestly getting way too much of. Maybe. I really don’t know what the intended balance is.

[quote=“Lab, post:3, topic:4482”]I think they’re trying to say that loot seems really off with the current patch. The quality of loot seems to have dropped severely—when I open a chest, it usually just has one or two handfuls of resources. Even Nemeses don’t seem to really give much at the moment.

EDIT: There’s also a chance it’s just the clutter that’s been reduced so we’re only getting fewer spell gems and stuff that we were honestly getting way too much of. Maybe. I really don’t know what the intended balance is.[/quote]

Basically only concenrns are: pandemonium tokens, emblems of gods, runes. Tomes are too, but they are too scarce and far off to even measure, if there is any reduction in chest loot it should be compensated by new prophecies feature more or less.
But again its all being balanced, with talisman lv 100 powers still inactive. Reducing the clutter and amount of arts/gems is good. Lets just see how it goes. Its not completely clear what devs want from those changes.
I just want to be sure that in the end there are fair amounts of emblems/tokens/rune powder when its implemented/runes to be found and that talismans that boost their amount work fine.

is loot amount related to your own level vs realm/enemy level? I got better stuff when enemies were 3-5x my level

its worse when below your level. for 3x 5x i dont see how its possible for me to test, since you have to do @#! realm quest before dropping deeper. but tbh 10-50% difference higher feels about the same. maybe with much higher values we d see something noticeable but its really hard to attain em unless locking your level

well by breeding you can/will reduce your level a lot

well now when CJ is game, can definitely say that enemy lv vs your level is only a factor in loot generation when you exceed enemy level. Maybe realm level can be a factor, maybe not, but cmon, who cares when we can now have 10x or more loot with CJ mods :slight_smile: