Macro Tool Crash

  • Game version: 1.0.5
  • Operating system: Windows 10
  • Crash Log:

############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_macroeditor:

unable to convert string "
ÐÊÜÏÍ0 -" to number############################################################################################
gml_Script_scr_MacroGetSteps (line 7)
gml_Script_scr_MacroGetEnglishLine (line 5)
gml_Object_obj_macroeditor_Draw_64 (line 154)

  • Details:
    Note that the error message text changes when copy/pasted, and originally looks more like “DEUII0” with funky symbols instead of the letters.

Error occurs in macro tool when trying to highlight macros 3 (Infernal Charge), 5 (Inox Macro NEW), or 8 (Macro 8). These macros were created by me in notepad and imported into the game, and functioned completely as expected last night during that session. After saving and closing the game, and then reopening it this morning, the crash began occurring.

I suspect the macros to contain line breaks or carriage returns, as that was one of the things I was experimenting with last night. Importing a macro as a bunch of lines of text (instead of a single massive line of text) worked fine and caused the macros to evaluate properly both in the tool and during combat, so I didn’t give it any further thought until it broke randomly this morning. I suspect this to be the problem because my error has a carriage return in the quoted text for “unable to convert string”, while other errors on this forum do not, and I’m confident in the accuracy of my macros.

Feel free to delete any/all of my macros. I will PM you my cloud storage code (if it allows me to, otherwise if you don’t see something from me then please do reach out) since that’s what you requested of other people with similar issues.

Incidentally, if you have a list of codes for each portion of the macro, I’d love to see it (or I can just make a macro with everything and export it to figure it out myself).

UPDATE: I did a controlled test. Details below.

  1. I copied one of the broken macros from Notepad into Siralim again as a single line of text (Macro 9) and it works fine both before and after reload.
  2. I copied the same macro into Macro 10, except I had each statement on a new line, with the semicolons placed at the end of each line (rather than the beginning of the next line), and it worked fine before reload but causes a crash after reload.
  3. I copied the same macro into Macro 11, except I had each statement on a new line, with the semicolons placed at the beginning of each line beyond the first, and it worked fine before reload but causes a crash after reload.

The macro (working format): 0,-1,32,4,3,100,3;2,1,3,0,0,-1,1;2,2,3,0,0,-1,1;2,3,3,0,0,-1,1;2,4,3,0,0,-1,1;2,5,3,0,0,-1,1;2,6,3,0,0,-1,1

The macro (broken format):
0,-1,32,4,3,100,3;
2,1,3,0,0,-1,1;
2,2,3,0,0,-1,1;
2,3,3,0,0,-1,1;
2,4,3,0,0,-1,1;
2,5,3,0,0,-1,1;
2,6,3,0,0,-1,1

Thanks!
Shammikaze