MAJOR lag--game is incredibly tedious to play

If your game crashes, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Game did not crash.

Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash. All I did was play the game normally. There’s some lag in the menus, but the battles are the worst. Whenever anything attacks, the attacks themselves lag horribly (sometimes the effects show up frame-by-frame), and the things that indicate the effect the attack/spell has left and how much damage it has done take forever to go away. I can still play (I just did a battle with a sigil to test it quickly), but it’s very tedious. This lag started up around the same time as some other things on my computer started lagging (Photoshop, typing things in Tumblr or Twitter, etc), so it may be tied to whatever’s causing that, but since it’s affecting the game I thought I’d bring it up here. This game has NEVER lagged for me before, or if it has, it’s never been so bad that I noticed/remembered it.

What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation? I play on Windows 7.

What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner. 2.3.2.

If you’re getting lag with other software then I’m going to say there’s something going on with your computer. Might want to download Malwarebytes (it’s free) and run a scan to see if it finds anything. You could also check your task manager and see if there’s anything taking up a lot of memory or occupying the CPU.

Already have Malwarebytes and it didn’t pick up much. However I think it might be AVG that’s causing the problem–it installed something the same day my computer problems started. I’ve been wanting to get a different antivirus program anyway, so I uninstalled it (and restarted my computer, and am currently still waiting for my computer to finish “configuring windows updates,” which it’s been 100% complete with fir about 25 minutes or more now).

Whenever I manage to get back into my computer, I’ll let you know if it fixed the problem.

Sorry for the double-post–just thought I’d let you know that the problem was (obviously) definitely my computer. Posting from my work computer because my laptop is toast. Had to order a new laptop.

I will say though, thank you SO MUCH for the cloud save feature because I can continue to play the game on my phone without an issue!