Major Sigil Commentary

I’m starting to run out of Sigils! :o

So here’s a bunch of basic ones, per your suggestion I do some of them too.

Twisted Devil Sigil

Replace the Clairvoyant Spirit with an Elder Ent; enemy teams don’t have Power Balance, so they don’t benefit from the Spirit’s buff. Then slap a Spider Occultist in place of the Death Crafter, and you have yourself a Luck team.

~*~

Iron Golem Sigil

Slide in an Ancient Ent and a pair of Dragon Revenants, who’ll cover defense and debuffing respectively. Keep the Brownie Captain in the back buffing the Golem, and the last two slots should go to an Impaler Banshee and a Pit Wraith Redeemer, who’ll help to buy time.

~*~

Dryad Keeper Sigil

This one can be fun . . . a Pegasus, Siren Coercer and Phase Paladin for Shell shenanigans, then a Mutant Spinewhipper and Pit Wraith Liberator. To hell with attacking, let’s be frustrating.

~*~

Harpy Hag Sigil

First off, a Dark Brim Smith and Priest Vizier in the front row. A Sapphire Paragon and Occultist Spellbinder in the back, and top it off with a Wall Giant in the back - a pure Defense build.

~*~

Dragon Soldier Sigil

A pair of Wildfire Efreets bookend the Health max debuff nicely. Load a Celestial Idol and a Fallen Carnage in the back to take advantage, with a Granite Golem between them to protect.

[quote=“Zack, post:15, topic:575”]

That was their intended purpose to begin with anyway :)[/quote]

If major sigils are supposed to be difficult puzzles, it might be a good idea to change their availability. If you’re playing normally, you only get one shot at a major sigil before it disappears, and there are so many of them that you probably won’t see that sigil again for a long time. It would be very frustrating to put together a good general-purpose team, activate the sigil, and get immediately wiped from some special combo that you had no way to plan for. Then you can’t replay it because the sigil is gone, and it might be a very long time before the game gives you another one of those sigils, so you have to write down notes about what the sigil contained in case you run across it again.

The way it is set up right now, the game is practically begging you to use save scumming to have a decent shot at beating the major sigils. Maybe it would be better if the sigil didn’t disappear when you lost?

While I think a suggestion that allows you to more specifically create major sigils is being put into work for the future, I do think it would work better for a failed sigil to become “deactivated”, where you could use a decent amount of resources in order to reactivate it and attempt again, just to avoid brute-forcing it.

[quote=“radfordblue, post:22, topic:575”]

[quote=“Zack, post:15, topic:575”]

That was their intended purpose to begin with anyway :)[/quote]

If major sigils are supposed to be difficult puzzles, it might be a good idea to change their availability. If you’re playing normally, you only get one shot at a major sigil before it disappears, and there are so many of them that you probably won’t see that sigil again for a long time. It would be very frustrating to put together a good general-purpose team, activate the sigil, and get immediately wiped from some special combo that you had no way to plan for. Then you can’t replay it because the sigil is gone, and it might be a very long time before the game gives you another one of those sigils, so you have to write down notes about what the sigil contained in case you run across it again.

The way it is set up right now, the game is practically begging you to use save scumming to have a decent shot at beating the major sigils. Maybe it would be better if the sigil didn’t disappear when you lost?[/quote]

The way sigils are distributed is going to be redone in the next major content patch, and it’ll make a lot more sense and feel a lot less random. :slight_smile:

Good to hear, I’ll look forward to seeing what devious changes you have in store. :slight_smile:

Sigils restocked and Bloodborne shelved for the time being so I can stop sobbing in dark corners in lieu of actual therapy. It’s been a bit, so I did ten sigils instead. Vamos!

Mutant Swampdweller Sigil

A hoser ability, so this team’s theme is coming from scratch. Bring in a Raven Acolyte and Frenzy Ghoul, tank with a Spring Aspect, and then lead with a pair of Skeleton Snipers; any team with autohealing effects is going to run into a serious lack of options.

~*~

Occultist Spellbinder Sigil

Straight Defense team; only two things need to be replaced here. The Vampire Bat won’t have enough effect without attack buffs, so replace it with a Necropolis to abuse the defense. Then, the Volcanic Efreet can be swapped for a Siren Ascendant to fix up the tank.

~*~

Incusion Reaper Sigil

Let’s guarantee some death here: two Carver Sadists, a Soul Reaper in back, then a Stardust Amaranth and an Infinite Lord. That build will weather the random stabs much better than most player teams.

~*~

Doom Devil Sigil

Heeeeeeeeee! Interesting as the Agent theme is, probably best to swap one or two for Thunderheart Phoenixes, to buy the time you actually need to get Timebombs off.

~*~

Cyclone Sigil

Let’s nail this antimagic theme. Another Cyclone and a Hurricane, since the Attack boosts proc whether or not the spell fizzles. Then bring in a Storm Lord for tanking, and a Dryad Raincaller to heal it back up. Top it off with a Pit Wraith Dominator to benefit from that mass healing.

~*~

Fire Priest Sigil

I like the thought of an IM team here. Let’s go with a Diamond Imling and an Iron Imler, so they defend each other; a Disease Crafter between them, to put emphasis on the clock; and then a Spitting Pit Worm and Unicorn Consecrator.

~*~

Pit Wraith Liberator Sigil

First, a Raven Acolyte, obviously. Then a Frostfire Efreet and a Mite Gravedigger, who benefits more from “lost HP = more stats” than any other creature in the game. Finish with a trio of Skeleton Triggermen, and you have a good crunchtime team.

~*~

Soul Reaper Sigil

A Witch Doctor Sacrificer in back covered by both of the Granite Golems would work. The front two slots, then, would go to Vicious Pit Worms, whose recoil problems would be solved by Blood Dance.

~*~

Witch Doctor Ritualist Sigil

Why not? Three Paranormal Slimes, bracketed by two Impaler Banshees. Just throw out an entire team based on rampant thievery. Maybe the Banshees will buy enough time for the Slimes to copy relatively unmolested, but that’s guesswork.

~*~

Elder Ent Sigil

Go full Luck: bring a Priest of Radiance and Doom Clutcher, then fill the backrow with two Spider Occultists and a Dragon Queen.

Excellent suggestions as usual!

Here we go again. I decided to tackle the Diabolic creatures as a group; admittedly, I didn’t get to playtest all these majors prior to suggestions, but the abilities are easy enough to piece together anyways.

Diabolic Spectator Sigil

Four Spectators, a Priest Vizier, and a Wall Giant make up a decently survivable party. It’s an early creature, so no need to jump down throats just yet.

~*~

Diabolic Watchman Sigil

Four Diabolic Watchmen, a Diabolic Nemesis, and a Flaring Efreet equates to a gigantic pile of Moltenarmor to wade through.

~*~

Diabolic Spectator Sigil

Three Spectators, a Siren Coercer, and two Diabolic Menaces create a more offensively aligned devil party based on rapid stuns and damage.

~*~

Diabolic Nemesis Sigil

Be egregious here: four Diabolic Watchmen, a Nemesis, and then an Ashwood Ent to abuse all that combined HP total by regenerating gigantic amounts of it.

~*~

Diabolic Menace Sigil

Three Diabolic Menaces partnered with two Necropoli bolstered by a Black Crystal Smith for a team based on abusing abilities by tanking as many hits as possible.

~*~

Diabolic Henchman

Three Diabolic Henchmen for mass stunscattering, two Carnage Tormentors to lengthen those stuns, and a Scourge Mummy for a DoT and stun-based team.

~*~

Diabolic Commander Sigil

This one’s always been an outlier, so here’s a weird build: two Commanders to dump out Defense debuffs, two Blademasters to take advantage of the lowered Defense, and then a Siren Oracle and an Emerald Paragon for buffing purposes.

Immortal King Sigil

Put an Ectoplasmic Slime and a Dragon Sentinel in the front row; the King will donate its HP to their survival, and thus lower its own enough to trigger its ability. The back row should be two Destroyer Fiends and a Nightmare Mummy; if the Mummy or the King drops anything’s health below 30%, the Fiends can jump on it and kill it instantly.

~*~

Phase Marauder Sigil

Go full offense: bring two Mutant Bonescrapers in the front row, an Emerald Paragon and Delirious Ghoul in the back, and tank with a Thunder Cloud to drop the enemy team’s defense even lower.

~*~

Skeleton Marksman Sigil

Full turn manipulation here; bring a Summer Aspect to tank, bracketed by a pair of Siren Beguilers, then top off with two Wyvern Daybreakers. It should be possible for this team to get multiple rounds in a row to themselves.

~*~

Destruction Banshee Sigil

Add a Wall Giant to help it tank, with a Raven King and a Siren Ascendant to keep raising the amount of damage it can reflect. An Ancestral Phoenix would give everything one last shot at survival, and if you’re going to have a team focused around reflecting damage, a Doom Mummy fits right in.

~*~

Disease Crafter Sigil

Keep one Delirious Ghoul in back, then bookend the Nether with a pair of Abaddon Guards to benefit from its buffing. The back row should be an Iron Imler and Mithril Imling for tanking purposes; no matter which you go after, the other will benefit.

~*~

Minotaur Juggernaut Sigil

A Ruby Paragon in back, along with a Unicorn Consecrator and an Ethereal Clutcher. When that Juggernaut finally hits you want it to be as devastating as possible, so flank it with a Harpy Pillager and a Cinder Devil; it’ll keep the buffs until it attacks, and when it goes off the splash damage will be impressive.

~*~

Moon Hunter Sigil

The front row should all be Moon Hunters to spread as much Poison as possible. Bring a Necropolis in back, then for the knockout blow, two Venemous Clutchers on either side to capitalize on the Poison.

~*~

Harpy Screamer Sigil

Luck build: bring an Elder Ent and Doom Clutcher, along with a Priest of Radiance and a Brownie Captain behind the Screamer. The Dragon Queen is perfect where it is.

~*~

Siren Purifier Sigil

An Ashwood Ent with an Ectoplasmic Slime in the front row, and two Crypt Reapers in back along with another Ectoplasmic Slime. The Reapers will ensure the team will always have low enough health to trigger Mend, and the Purifier will slap a Shell on top anytime a creature’s turn begins. War by attrition, eh?

~*~

Pestilence Crafter Sigil

Going in the right direction here, but put both Dark Brim Smiths in the front row, the Brownie Captain behind, and then defend with a pair of Mummy Lords, whose collective Provoke will draw more fire than one would.

Added everything you mentioned for the next update. Thanks a lot!

No problem - I’m just glad to contribute to the game in some way. I see all the people on the Steam forum demanding add (thing not implemented) and it saddens me that so few people are giving back to the game. Productivity is not a one-way current, yo. That just makes bitter folks.

Though, admittedly, I’m biased on the artist’s side. Comes with being an editor. ::slight_smile:

~*~

Carver Heartseeker Sigil

Having my attacks randomly redirected into Shell was surprisingly crafty, so let’s keep the Coercer and stack some more Shell with a Stardust Amaranth. Bring in a Mouth of Hell and an Imperial Angel, then finish with a Witch Doctor Necromancer. Hopefully with all the Shell, redirect, and the fear of the Mouth, he can keep rezzing teammates.

~*~

Troll Berserker Sigil

Wow, native Topaz? For once I don’t think it’s thematic, so drop in an Emerald and a Vicious Pit Worm instead to buff the damage, then a Maniacal Ghoul in the back center. The back corners can go to a Troll Knife Juggler and a Corrupted Phoenix - when you don’t have room for a dedicated defense, it’ll do the job instead.

~*~

Rapturous Ghoul Sigil

First, a Brownie Mauler to counter attacks with a Siren Ascendant to heal, followed by a pair of Skull Devils and a Priest Vizier. It’ll be a slowroll build, but well suited to the general debuff the Ghoul brings.

~*~

Bloodfang Gargoyle Sigil

Time for more splash damage! Two Infernal Guard, two Pestilence Crafters, and a Skeleton Gunslinger in back. Anyone packing a Shadowdancer / Fetish combo might be in for some trouble here.

~*~

Silver Imler Sigil

Keep the Tainted Imling for a partner, and swap the rest for a pair of Servant Hunters, a Celestial Idol, and a Frost Phoenix. The various status and percentage should help get enemies low enough for the Silver to knock out.

~*~

Haunted Golem Sigil

A Wall Giant in back with an Ashwood Ent to heal them both would be an excellent start at a Calm-spreading team; bring a Pit Wraith Liberator and a Cursed Reaper to proc his ability, then a Scourge Mummy to finish. With Calm to blunt aggro, Mend+Grace to detooth Knives, and Burn as a timer, it’s a good puzzle.

~*~

Harpy Torturer Sigil

I have only one suggestion for this, and it’s that you swap a single Ghoul for a Djinn Arcanomancer. No one is going to walk into a Major Sigil without at least one Nether.

~*~

Minotaur Earthshaker Sigil

Lead with a pair of Rapturous Ghouls, a Siren Oracle, and two Shadow Carnages for maximum attack debuff. I want to see how long a party can stay stunned from the sort of weakling pings they’ll be throwing at the Minotaur by endgame.

~*~

Hemlock Ent Sigil

Maximum frustration! Bring a Wyvern Gustrider and a Dryad Warden, then a Dryad Raincaller, a Hurricane, and a Cyclone. Force them to take it on without spells!

~*~

Ebony Ent Sigil

A Siren Oracle to buffer that Barrier paired with a Vampire Bat to bolster healing, then back them up with a pair of Noxious Smogs and a Bile Slime.

VagrantSun: Thank you so much for doing this work. I look forward to seeing adjusted Greater Sigil fights (hopefully in the next major update).

Also, I know that Zack has a ton of stuff to do, but it would be awesome if, at some point, in the future the Siralim engine provided the capability for certain fights to have scripted spells and/or artifacts for the enemies. I love the randomness in the game, but it also cool to have some hand-scripted encounters as a special challenge.

I love the ideas. Major symbols became a breeze on my last game, and these seem… complicated. I really do hear running into that earthshaker symbol currently. I’m wondering about a full stun team currently. Brownie brutes and an Earthshakers plus??? Seems better than calm if the enemy can’t even cast.

After I actually got further in the game, I can see why you’ve wanted to make these changes - my setup can probably beat most major sigils effortlessly at realm level 26, though anything involving a Topaz will probably give me grief, assuming that will give them priority. I might try making suggestions of my own, even, if Vagrant hasn’t gotten to them first! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: If Vagrant doesn’t mind, I wanted to give a shot at my own suggestion:

Ancient Ent:

A good idea to start, but lacks any real way to damage the player outside of the worm (who doesn’t fit well with the theme) and no anti-spell (which will ignore the key ability) ability. Replace the Worm with a Pit Wraith Dominator (who will gain 44% more attack per turn with this setup), and one of the Sirens with a Necropolis. Then, replace the Lich Overseer (who does work well with this team, but would work even better in a cycle with pairs) with a Nightmare Mummy. Spells are the enemy of the Ent’s ability, so let’s take those off the table.

Another somewhat jokier idea would be to surround the Ent with priests of all types. You only can do 40% damage at most, and 20% of that is healed back, on top of already doing reduced damage from the pads! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not aware of all of the abilities in the game, so some may work better with this team, but I thought for such a powerful ability, the sigil was a bit underwhelming, though it did give me more thought than most others.

Djinn Evoker, Unchained Djinn and Djinn Dreamweaver are back to being indentity confused. The Unchained Djinn’s sigil refferences sleeping and dreams and his team is clearly built for the Dreamweaver, the Dreamweaver thinks he’s the Evoker and the Evoker thinks he’s the Unchained Djinn.

The Crypt’s current team is a bit on the odd side, as far as I can remember, and I believe something along the lines of either 5 Alcazars or 3 Alcazars with one Ancient Treat and a Witch Doctor Sacrificer would make more sense.

Pit Worm Tunneler’s team seems to be based around its old ability and synergises very poorly with the new one. Throw in a Cinder Devil, a couple of Mutated Pulse Bats and a random creature who inflicts the entire enemy team with a condition, maybe the Clutcher who grants Cleave and voila! - Something that’s trying to take advantage of Cripple by weakening an enemy, then hitting it with a bat and AoEing the stuffing out of the player.

Also, the various Hound teams are very easily beat as they only ever bring a single Blood Hound.

I take it as a good sign that I now occasionally get messages from people on Steam telling me that they’ve met one of “my” sigils in Siralim. As an additional note, I’m going to just start writing up the teams themselves, without the additional commentary; I’m fairly certain everyone that reads these has gotten a grasp on teambuilding by now and can get the gist by looking at the schematic.

Stardust Amaranth Sigil

Pegasus / Omnipotent Deity / Mite Gravedigger
Infinite Lord / Stardust Amaranth / Infinite Lord

~*~

Nightmare Mummy Sigil

Ancestral Phoenix / Ancient Ent / Ascendant Siren
Siren Oracle / Nightmare Mummy / Pit Wraith Liberator

~*~

Spitting Pit Worm Sigil

Blademaster / Thunder Storm / Blademaster
Vampire Bat / Spitting Pit Worm / Lich King

~*~