Mimics

Mimics are a fun and dangerous event for the first few levels. But they scale very slowly, and as far as I know, don’t do anything special. They do drop a tiny amount of material, and help the one skill that counts battles in the area, but that’s about it as far as I can tell. Could you maybe make them scale like most nethers, and give them a set of special Legendary materials kind of like the Pandemonium King?

This is a tough decision because people will complain that it’s “too random” if they die to a Mimic. Unlike other fights against Nether Creatures, you don’t have much of a choice as to when the Mimic appears so there’s no way to prevent it through means of avoidance.

Yeah, I thought about that. It’s also different that you don’t have to deal with any additional creatures. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a Nether level fight, but you could still add some materials. Ones that dealt with bonus resources or chest loot would make sense.

Actually, there are 5 materials that are currently only obtainable at random that grant abilities which allow you to accumulate a certain resource. I could add these to the Mimic’s drop table similar to how Major Sigils and the Pandemonium King currently work. Great idea, thanks!

Speaking of these.
How is it decided how much of each resource each hit gives? Tried it on my phone-save with the essense one and got around 113 per hit. Does this scale in any way?

You can increase the amount you receive with the help of artifact enchantments for resource bonuses.