modifying spell gems, fatal error, stable now empty

Been having a few crashes while trying to add properties to gems.
After that crash my stable is now empty

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for E-key Key
for object obj_spellreforge:

Variable obj_spellgem.slot(100063, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_save_Creature
############################################################################################

stack frame is
gml_Script_save_Creature (line -1)
gml_Script_scr_SaveMain
gml_Script_scr_SaveGame
gml_Object_obj_spellreforge_KeyPress_69

I have had the same stable-clearing bug, with a crash preceding, but I do not believe I was playing with spell gems at the time.

Is there any hope for getting my stable back, or are they gone forever?

Think we just need to wait on a reply from Zack, someone in discord had a similar problem with the stable being empty and it was fixed.

Hey guys,

I’m sorry that your stables were wiped out. I’ve already uploaded a new patch that you can download to fix this issue.

If you haven’t already saved your game since you discovered your creatures were missing, you can try navigating to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Siralim3\save. In there, you’ll see a file called slotX.sav, where X is your save slot number. Along with that, you’ll have a .bak file with a similar name. You could try renaming the .bak file to have a .sav extension and then load it up and see if that brings back your creatures.

Otherwise, the best I can do is to manually add some of the creatures you can think of that are missing. If there are any rare ones that you can think of, please send your .sav file to me at zack@thylacinestudios.com along with a list of creatures and I’ll be glad to add them for you.

Once again, I’m very sorry this happened.

That trick won’t work for me as I had already saved.
When you say “I’ve already uploaded a new patch that you can download to fix this issue” is this automatically downloaded via steam? I didn’t see anything update.

Might need to restart Steam.

Unfortunately its all still missing, i’ll send you my save file, if you could add in the event ones I can’t replace.