my thoughts on s3

my thoughts. moved from the announcement post.

“Post-story content is absolutely insane. There’s so much to do and so many things to unlock”

I think there needs to be a bit more end game variation. gods or end game bosses should go up higher. after beating gods in s2 and doing daily lvl 10 i was kinda lost of what to do. need slightly more structure or options for getting really end game, and testing us there too.

" the content is both rich and diverse. I’m particularly excited about the new Sigils system – it’s definitely the best thing that has ever happened to this game series."

i think a fully custom sigil/portal/daily realm system should be required at end game, however you get to that point ( maybe not right away but at the end it has to be like this) i think making it like PoE’s portal system with the existing siralim flair.

for daily realm: log in, look at daily realm stats/debuffs/buffs. each daily realm will have a full assortment of all mobs inside having effects like sigils do, and you have to plan for a longer set of fights. ie you have to have MULTIPLE sets of monsters to be ready to tackle certain daily immunities and properties/buffs in daily realms. lets not just make it harder, but make it smarter, since at the end of siralim2 I was just using 1 party. this will encourage more multi-party setups. oh i need to have a physical team a magic team and this and that ready to be used for the entire realm ect
one attempt, you fight as long as you can ( this part is optional but could be fun to use on sigils or some challenge portals), portals keep getting harder ( in both streak bonus and on that individual day)

sigil: take a page from Path of exile. maybe make every specific stat custom, ( i did hate how it was super expensive to reroll and you couldnt choose what you wanted to remove, sometimes you rerolled the same thing too) and you can really tailor it to get extreme difficulty at the benefit of extreme loot. make a certain # or quality of sigil buffs/debuffs award a certain tier of item. ( also items are too linear, im happy you are removing the blandness of items and their levels, need more uniques not just any standard item you can level, more like the negative or diablo 2 uniques/poe stuff)

new portal: make a single use sigil, but instead of getting rewards+cores, make this more for the extreme challenge person, who wants to fight until they drop, so make this one an endless sigil that gets harder every floor/fight.

new stuff that i love:

shiny Pokemon
“runeword”
Auto-cast properties on Spell Gems are gone
New perks for each class

“Lots of battle changes. Traits and spells that modify stats now do so based on the creature’s original stats at the start of battle, so your creatures won’t gain stats exponentially anymore. I’ve also tried to reduce the number of times your creatures can attack or cast spells in one turn by rebalancing spells and traits accordingly.”

it would be great with the new combat stats display to really see how much a different each stat/spell item or trait is really doing ( maybe show it in the spell its self, so we can make more informed decision, sometimes healing or drain spells would fizzle or do nothing and you couldnt really tell) , as before you could only really ‘guess’ in battle.

need more secrets i think too.

:slight_smile: