New crash pattern

Hello

Since the patch today, I have been experiencing many more crashes. These crashes have no messages, only that the program has stopped working and I have the option of closing, etc.

These crashes seem to happen on saving the game, ie, when entering a realm, when saving manually in the menu. These are triggered at any location when a save happens, regardless of the realm. The differences between this run of the game and previous runs are these:

1 - new patch - 0.4.1
2 - first time overwriting a save slot for a new game (will be testing this in a fresh slot)
3 - had updates to other steam games downloading through steam in background. (may have been completed before the crashes started)

running:
Asus laptop
windows 8.1 64 bit
4096 mb ram
over 8gig diskspace free

can screenshot or give more info on request

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Edited below for template)

1. Is your issue a bug, or is it a crash?
    Crash

2. If it’s a crash, please copy and paste the full error message below, or post a screenshot of it. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
    No current screenshot, will take a screenie if/when it occurs again. No error message displayed, see above.

3. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.
    See above

4. What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation? If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU).
    running on:
    Asus laptop
    windows 8.1 64 bit
    4096 mb ram
    over 8gig diskspace free

5. What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.
    v 0.4.1

6. Any other details to help us solve the problem, such as what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred, or any hints on how we can reproduce it.
    Details above

Thanks for the info - I think I’ve found the problem, so I’m going to test it out a bit and release a hotfix. Can’t be 100% sure it’ll work though since it’s not giving us an error and it’s hard to reproduce.

Update to my earlier post…

I tested it out in a fresh save spot (not over written slot) and the problem persists.

Thank you for looking into this so quickly :slight_smile:

Just to be on the safe side, could you please attach your save file so I can use that for testing? It seems like some people won’t ever get a crash while others see it frequently, so I’m guessing it has something to do with the size of the file.

Your save files are located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Siralim2\save and it’ll be a .sav file.

I also have the same pattern of crashes. Version 0.4.1, Windows 10

slot2.sav (64 KB)

I don’t have confidence that the file (slot1.sav) attached properly - attempt one…

Edited

It seems to have attached correctly. Please, let me know if you need more. Also, I have a screenshot of the crash, but as there is no error message, I’m not sure it’s helpful. Let me know if you’d like that.

slot1.sav (32 KB)

Would it be at all helpful to test if deleting the .sav and/or the .bak files before saving again makes a difference?

Possible pattern - deity respect?

I know for certain that 4 of the seven crashes happened after I just had an increase in deity respect, and on my way to meet them and level up the rank. I am unsure if this is the case with the remaining 3, but it would not be unlikely.
I do know that I saved the game 5 times in a row before increasing respect and suffered no crash in this last instance, but after the whispers, the crash came.

Just uploaded a hotfix which seems to have fixed the crash. I’m not 100% sure since it’s very difficult to reproduce the crash consistently, but I’ve been playing for about 45 minutes now with everyone’s save files with no issues. Please restart Steam and grab the update.

It does seem to be fix’d for me, thank you so very much :slight_smile: I’ll update if the issue reoccurs. Though, I’m sorta sad that it’s fix’d, I was hoping to test my deity faction theory teases

cooks her family’s favorite bbq bacon meatloaf for Zack, in thanks :slight_smile: