New font

While I like the list of changes in 1.30 overall, the font is both ugly (yes, I remember those 1980s games, and welcomed the more refined, higher resolution look), and hard these days on my eyes–enough to give me a headache over time. Is there anyway you could make its use optional, with the other option being the older, easier to read font?

Sorry to hear that. It would take another month to put the font back to where it was though, so unfortunately it’s not quite so simple to add that in as an option. The entire interface had to be remade to accommodate the enlarged font.

Well, when and if you get it back, I’ll return to playing. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game, but my eyes really can’t hack it.

EDIT: No, actually, I still have 1.2.1. I’ll go back to it.

Just to verify that there’s not some kind of weird stretching going on, can you take a look in this topic and tell me if the font in the screenshots looks the same as when you play the actual game? https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/322

There’s also a chance I can find some other font that is the exact same size as the new one except less pixelated, in which case I can add that as an option. I’ll see what I can do!

[quote=“Zack, post:4, topic:348”]Just to verify that there’s not some kind of weird stretching going on, can you take a look in this topic and tell me if the font in the screenshots looks the same as when you play the actual game? https://forums.thylacinestudios.com/t/322

There’s also a chance I can find some other font that is the exact same size as the new one except less pixelated, in which case I can add that as an option. I’ll see what I can do![/quote]

The font does look like the one in the other thread.

If you can find another font, I would be much obliged, though I understand you have a number of other game priorities that take precedence. I’ve been very impressed by the amount of energy and crreativity you’ve thrown into Siralim post-release, so don’t let my concerns override your own. I’m only expressing what I experience, and I certainly don’t expect a developer to drop everything to tailor a product to fit those needs. And while the number of changes in 1.30 are great, 1.2.1 isn’t exactly an awful, prehistoric release, either.

Every player counts, especially those such as you who supported the game so early on in development.

Adding an alternative font style for the next major update. It’s not 100% perfect, but 99% is good enough if it doesn’t give you a headache I think :slight_smile:

That looks clean and easy to read, Zack. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I have to say I prefer this new font too :slight_smile:

The current one is too “pixelated”. I love retro but only until a certain extent.

I agree: the cleaner, higher resolution font is better.