New layer of replayability: "Sigil realms"

Some thinking:
[spoiler]There’s so much potential for so much more, but eventually it all has to fit within the game’s vision.
Game is a real underdog. Seeing Dragon Quest, Persona, hell even friggin harvest moon retro game get all the attention why isn’t this game some more in the spotlights?
Dunno but why not add in another layer to mimic the old school feeling some more. I stumbled upon this game on accident and am addicted to it already. The monster and overworld’s simplistic graphic style were the only thing that kept me skeptic but the gameplay makes up for most of that! You know… Even when I google for “old school rpg’s” “monster quest alike” “retro monster catching rpg” I don’t really find this game… I found it on accident by scrolling through Steam somehow. Why is this?
[/spoiler]

The Idea (Intro):
Remember the key system from Dragon warrior monsters 2? With the prefixes and the suffixes? unique realm every time? I loved it.
One of Siralim’s “problems” is that once I found a monster I can practically find it anywhere. There is no real rarity (only to a certain extend, treasure golem par example)
So this is one of the reason the realms feel empy for me, they only change in visual aspect, not in experience. It all boils down to the same chores after you know the game for a while.
Finding the same monsters everywhere.

The Pokemon games introduced a system with different kind of areas (Low grass, High grass, Sand, Water, etc.) There were different pokemon in different kind of terrains
Dragon Quest just puts different kind of monsters in different kind of realms/maps.
Siralim does not yet really do anything significant in this area, perhaps because it is not within the scope of the game or it would be too complex to add into the already complex enough system.

So I thought of “Sigil Realms”!

The Idea:
To build further upon Sigils it would be appealing to give them their own realm akin to what DWM2 does.

Scenario:

• I collect a lvl 20 Swift death sigil of watery bats

lvl 20 indicates the creature’s lvl (and gene strength)
Swift death Indicates a prefix, in this example creatures will inflict 100% more damage
watery Sigil realm will be at sea biome
bats Will determine what kind of creatures are contained within this realm.

So I collect the “Key sigil” and when I use it it will teleport me to this custom realm. In this realm are like 10 (?) monsters and after you defeat them all there will be a final boss monster fight.
There will be great rewards upon clearing a sigil realm of course ^^ (extra resources or whatever)

I love this, actually, and think it’d be an interesting idea. It could also give Yseros’ Star new relevancy, seeing as her only thing is for coins of identity which are uh…hmm. Of course, it’d probably boost her cost by a fair bit, but hey.

One thing i’m worried about is it conflicting with the already existing punishment Gloom, which essentially makes a boss battle appear and do that.

I actually like this 100%

I suggest to that any Sigils could be transformed into this. Or you mash up a bunch of them to make these.

[quote=“Toxon, post:3, topic:2125”]I actually like this 100%

I suggest to that any Sigils could be transformed into this. Or you mash up a bunch of them to make these.[/quote]

Sorta like how you can mass salvage and mass transmute?

[quote=“sirius, post:4, topic:2125”]

[quote=“Toxon, post:3, topic:2125”]I actually like this 100%

I suggest to that any Sigils could be transformed into this. Or you mash up a bunch of them to make these.[/quote]

Sorta like how you can mass salvage and mass transmute?[/quote]

Sorta. I was thinking like, lets say you have a bunch of Lvl 50 sigils, and you really hate yourself so you combine the 10 sigils to make one that is a level 500 sigil.

Freaking love this idea. Seems like a relatively easy way to add TONS of repeatable content, which is what this game is all about.

Sounds good. But please don’t add level restriction/penalty.
I personally really hate having to breed new monsters to do low lv sigils.
I think it’s better to have monster lv/gene scale with your mage lv or your highest or average monster level of your group (and your group gene lv).

Yes. I agree with this point.

[quote=“pandaborn, post:7, topic:2125”]Sounds good. But please don’t add level restriction/penalty.
I personally really hate having to breed new monsters to do low lv sigils.[/quote]

I don’t know. I kind of like having to do new teams to do the lower level ones. I like the suggestion of being able to add the levels though. So if you have a level 50 team, and a 20, 15, 15 sigil, combine them to get a level 60.