Noob Questions

I just started playing this game and have several questions:

1. What is the maximum level of artifacts? If it is unlimited, how many stat slots can I get?

2. In game it was mentioned that I should collect cores for creatures even if I don’t want those creatures. I understand that I can use them to make minor sigils at level 20, but I don’t understand why I would want to sacrifice them. Why would I want more of the same creatures in other realms if I already don’t want those creatures? Also, how many cores do I need to sacrifice and to make sigils?

3. Is it possible for the same enemy monsters to have different levels?

4. Are there an unlimited # of minor sigils I can make/find? If I make them on my own, does the cores used determine the creature types?

5. I don’t understand “exalted emblems.” I found one in the last realm level I was in, but there was no quest person that I could find. It says it is “treasure” and to keep it because it seems valuable.

6. I started as a nature mage, and I was collecting 5 “treasure spots” (looked like gold) for an artifact. I just went to another realm type, and there were nomads that gave me stuff. What do the different realms offer?

7. What determines how well I can reforge items to increase their stats? Is it just character level?

Thanks.

Rob

[quote=“rayres2007, post:1, topic:927”]I just started playing this game and have several questions:

1. What is the maximum level of artifacts? If it is unlimited, how many stat slots can I get? 10

2. In game it was mentioned that I should collect cores for creatures even if I don’t want those creatures. I understand that I can use them to make minor sigils at level 20, but I don’t understand why I would want to sacrifice them. Why would I want more of the same creatures in other realms if I already don’t want those creatures? Also, how many cores do I need to sacrifice and to make sigils? It’s 3 cores to sacrifice. For the most part, you will only ever need 4 cores of any type (will allow for normal summon + nether), so you may as well turn extras into sigils.

3. Is it possible for the same enemy monsters to have different levels? Enemy monsters will always be tied to yours. So if you have a L100 and L1 monster, you will fight one stronger and one weaker.

4. Are there an unlimited # of minor sigils I can make/find? If I make them on my own, does the cores used determine the creature types? Minors are random. It doesn’t matter what you make them from, they’ll always have a random name and creature types. Though minor sigils will only contain creatures you’ve unlocked.

5. I don’t understand “exalted emblems.” I found one in the last realm level I was in, but there was no quest person that I could find. It says it is “treasure” and to keep it because it seems valuable. Eventually you’ll find out how to use them. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but I’ll just say it’s an encounter.

6. I started as a nature mage, and I was collecting 5 “treasure spots” (looked like gold) for an artifact. I just went to another realm type, and there were nomads that gave me stuff. What do the different realms offer? You’ll get used to this pretty fast. 3 of the realms have artifacts, the main 2 types of resources they have depend on the realm, and there are a few other special nodes in each. If you really want the spoilers on all of them, ask again and I’ll post them later.

7. What determines how well I can reforge items to increase their stats? Is it just character level? Yes. Most stats are 1/2 to 2x your character level, defenses are I think up to 4x your character level. But they are all within a range of your character level, which means to get the most out of them, you’ll have to keep reforging your artifacts every once in a while.[/quote]

1. Ten. Ten slots then.

2. Sacrificing ‘weak’ creatures (ones which don’t benefit from their ability, like pilwizes), or creatures which your team counters, can make clearing realms easier.

You’ll need 3 cores to make a minor sigil.

1. Enemy monsters scale to your creature levels and your realm level. So yes, they would have different levels, and correspondingly scaled stats.

2. Yes, there’s no upper cap. IIRC, cores don’t have an effect on creature type, or not much of an effect.

(Spoilered, highlight to see.)

1. Bynine spawns randomly as an NPC in the realms. Talk to him once and he’ll move to your throne room. He exchanges items for emblems.

2. Life has energy portals (gives you energy for rituals, fallen stars (better loot roll on your next drop), exalted emblems(not guaranteed), mirrorballs (rare, copies some of the spells in your spellbook) and sword artifact fragments.

Dungeon has paper slips (can give you tickets, a map revealing effect, arena passes, etc.), iron maidens (creature cores), torture rack (small amounts of all resources), and rarely some sort of demonic circle thingy which lets you remove all spells from your spellbook.

Sorcery has free exp, scroll drops, potions (grant a buff or debuff to your creatures. Very rarely it will give you a Potion with free royalty points) and shield artifact fragments.

The three above are the best realms to unlock at the start of the game.

Chaos becomes good later on (for Pandemonium effects), and Nature/Winter are also good as they functionally have extra chests for loot.

Deeper realm levels can trigger random events during battle. Life can heal or protect a random creature, for example. Winter can freeze a creature or move it down the action queue, etc.

1. Just character level, yes.

Edit: Ninja’ed. Or is it Shadowcarved?

Thanks for the prompt replies! It is appreciated.

Rob