Not able to get past Thylacine Studios logo after internet cut out (Steam)

As the title states, I cannot progress past the logo and control scheme picture (right before the title screen); it crashes when attempting to press E or Spacebar, with no error message. I have no idea why it’s doing this, although it may be because of an internet outage I had recently while playing.

I am referring to the Steam version, version 1.3.5! I still have my save file on the mobile version, was attempting to prepare for a road trip and tried to access the Steam version to upload my mobile version’s cloud save. Reinstalling the game, verifying the files, and restarting Steam have been tried and don’t help.

To clarify: I open game. I see studio logo. I press E. It goes to control methods. I press E again. Crash with no warning or message.

As an experiment, can you navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Siralim3\save, delete config.sav, then start the game and see if that helps?

Certainly, I will try that. I’ll edit this post when I get a result.

EDIT: That did not work. =c

What if you move the whole save folder to somewhere else (don’t delete it, of course!) and then try running the game?

Just tried that too. Did not work either. =x

EDIT: IT WORKS! I removed the entire folder and it loaded again fully! Been playing on my phone so I do have the old save file; just will delete the old Steam folder and I’ll be set I think?

[quote=“Vajra, post:5, topic:5141”]

Just tried that too. Did not work either. =x

EDIT: IT WORKS! I removed the entire folder and it loaded again fully! Been playing on my phone so I do have the old save file; just will delete the old Steam folder and I’ll be set I think?[/quote]

Hopefully! But make sure you keep your save files intact if you don’t have any backups.