Out of Mana...

What strategies do people use to solve mana woes and make casting more viable?

Certain situations can make this much more relevant.
Block Attacks on sigils
Multi turn Scorn
Drought punishment from altar

I have enjoyed using Unchained Djinn’s ability, but he doesn’t keep your team topped up. I often ended up needing to wait a turn before I could cast what I wanted.

I’m curious to know how other’s have solved this challenge, and maybe finding a solution that can fit into my existing strategy

I haven’t played much with teams that have very high mana requirements, so I would be interested in what others have done.

That being said, I have found the following to be helpful in case a where I have had minor mana woes …

1. Putting both Starts with Arcane and Bonus Mana on key artifacts.

2. Spend a few Deity Points on the Mana Perk

3. Equip Spell Gems with a Heath cost and use healing abilities (e.g. Regal Golem)

Start with arcane and a single perfect mana roll on your caster’s artifact works wonders. I also max the mana perk, which totals to 75 deity points. The Mungus Harbinger trait is also nice.

You can get up to 1000+ mana.

The +10 Mana Perk is a must.

A 100%Q artifact gives +30 mana for each mana enchantment on it.

A Nether creature can have an extra +30 Mana from Keys of the Arcane.

The Runic Grimoire Card gives +5 Mana to every creature. The Djinn Illusionist card gives +10% Mana to every creature that is applied after every other bonus (so this one can be huge). You can easily farm cards by getting cores of the creatures you want (a quick way to target these cores is to use Surahtli’s Mirrorballs), turning them into Charms and using the card boosting food and the Secret Ingredient trait.

Of course, you can negate the need for Mana entirely with a combination of Ley Lines and Ascendancy.

I didn’t know cards stacked. That’s pretty neat.

For the case of scorn you can either affix the strength of mind trait to a nether creature/artifact via delusion orb, or use a delusion occultist.

I really like the ley lines / ascendency combo, it’s a compact combo that seems hard to mess with.
The only thing I could see messing with it is either a realm bonus buff of arcane or Unknown Entity/Abyss Banshee , both of which kind of solve the mana problem for you as well.

You could simply combo start with arcane and voodoo, but in order to take an action on turn 1 you would have to have a fairly high base mana pool, but that wouldn’t be a bad idea in case of sloth/unknown entity. The cool thing about this game are the number of ways you can solve the same problem.

[quote=“Umaro, post:4, topic:2667”]You can get up to 1000+ mana.

The +10 Mana Perk is a must.

A 100%Q artifact gives +30 mana for each mana enchantment on it.

A Nether creature can have an extra +30 Mana from Keys of the Arcane.

The Runic Grimoire Card gives +5 Mana to every creature. The Djinn Illusionist card gives +10% Mana to every creature that is applied after every other bonus (so this one can be huge). You can easily farm cards by getting cores of the creatures you want (a quick way to target these cores is to use Surahtli’s Mirrorballs), turning them into Charms and using the card boosting food and the Secret Ingredient trait.

Of course, you can negate the need for Mana entirely with a combination of Ley Lines and Ascendancy.[/quote]

Sorry to derail an old post, but how do you turn cores into charms(or get charms at all)? I have not found anyone that proposed this to me and have built everything I could (I am level 156 ,but I have only reached nether realm 13 yet).

Edit: Found it, I had to reach level 3 with Surathi, and the candle appears East to the Summoning stone.