Panic Attack

v0.7.7 (allthough this has been happening throughout all earlier versions as well)
i think (or at least i rly hope) panic attack isnt working as intended.
what im currently using is a nether with burst of power, charge, quadhits and cloud connected equipped with only panic attacks.
(here already the battle will start and the multistrike doenst interact with the quadhits trait no idea if thats intentional)
i also atm have a creature with flay in my team.
so what will happen is the battle starts the nether attacks then it will cast a panic attack, my creatures dont actually attack yet, then on hit traits will resolve (flay will bleed someone any shock aura or similiar will deal dmg [which is really weird as no attack actually resolved so far and enemy fight or flight trait for example does not trigger] after that my creatures attacks still dont resolve but my nether will cast another panic attack.
here is the point where i think its not working as intended. id assume a spell should resolve completely before that spells caster casts another spell?
at least thats what i would expect, but should it be actually working as intended a short reply would be great.

They all cast at the same time. What you see is a sequential cast, but that isn’t what happens in the game.

that doesnt sound right now does it?
why do damaging spell do their damage directly then?
compare it to planets or vulcano it will cast then deal its damage then cast more, now panic attack doesnt deal dmg but your creatures attack instead so it should cast panic attack then resolve the triggers but then actually resolve the attacks of my creatures before casting yet another panic attack.
if its working like you say, if i use damaging spells they would all have to cast before dealing damage which is clearly not the case.

still happening as of 0.8.4.
i know you are probably busy zack, but with early access you have people beta test this game for you, while i get that you are probably busy fixing, taking 15-30 mins a day to respond to bug reports would be really awesome.
im still not sure if this is a bug or maybe it is working as intended?
same for a lot of other bug report threads some clarification would make bug reports less frustrating for your customers/beta testers.
if you cant manage thats fine too, but iv had this frustration already quite a few times, theres no response or anything and multiple patches not fixing the issue and im non the wiser if it even is an issue.
i really like the game but atm i dont want to play because i dont know if this is getting fixed (or if its even not working as intended) or if i should think of something else to use in my game.

[quote=“Kevin Sith, post:4, topic:2197”]still happening as of 0.8.4.
i know you are probably busy zack, but with early access you have people beta test this game for you, while i get that you are probably busy fixing, taking 15-30 mins a day to respond to bug reports would be really awesome.
im still not sure if this is a bug or maybe it is working as intended?
same for a lot of other bug report threads some clarification would make bug reports less frustrating for your customers/beta testers.
if you cant manage thats fine too, but iv had this frustration already quite a few times, theres no response or anything and multiple patches not fixing the issue and im non the wiser if it even is an issue.
i really like the game but atm i dont want to play because i dont know if this is getting fixed (or if its even not working as intended) or if i should think of something else to use in my game.[/quote]

Relax, man. If you think it’s broken, try one of the other 100 spells and 545 traits. If it’s broken, Zack will fix it eventually.

Psylisa is correct, this is working as intended.

As for me supposedly not responding, I think that’s a bit unfair to say. You’ve posted topics about this type of interaction before, and I’ve done several tests and responded to your topics to show you that it’s working as intended and this is how the game works. I do appreciate (and read) all bug reports, and I do try to resolve the ones that are actually bugs, and I do respond to bug reports that aren’t actually bugs to prevent confusion. However, these forums aren’t the only place I’m receiving bug reports. There’s the Steam forums, e-mails, Facebook, Twitter, and forum PMs as well. As much as I’d like to, I can’t possibly respond to everyone AND continue to release patches at this current rate.

Panic Attack is one of my favorite spells, and it’s just been like this since the beginning. I had a similar complaint with it very early on, as Panic Attack would “hit” dead creatures and seemingly my creatures wouldn’t attack (or show animation). I thought the spell was broken, since only 1/2 my creatures were hitting or even attacking especially in chain casts.

However, Zack said early on that part of the optimization is that all the spells take effect simultaneously - which makes sense as to why dead creatures get hit and attacks are seemingly “wasted”. As part of the optimization, these aren’t shown.

From a logic perspective, this is what happens
#1 Panic Attack causes all creatures to attack and choose their targets immediately
#2 Then the attacks happen and are displayed sequentially
#3 If a target dies, creatures on your side that chose that target from step #1 get skipped

It also makes sense for subsequent casts in chains like Cast On Hit, Cast When Hit, and Multicast.

Now when you add multicast or multiple Cast On Hit gems into that equation, you repeat that Step 1 for as many casts as they are simultaneous. By the end of a chain of 3-4 casts, you may end up with one or two of your creatures attacking 1 or 2 enemy targets rather than piling on 6 creatures.

To me, it’s just part of the rules of the game and how the logic is processed.

i dont see any logic in that.
i mean sure the attacks from panic attack happen at the same time if got no problem with that and i know thats working as intended.
what i got a problem with is that my creatures are casting other stuff before a panic attack resolves, its not only more panic attack, for example
my creature will attack trigger panic attack, trait effects like bleed from flay will bleed but my creatures still dont attack, then my creature will cast vulcano
after the panic attack mind you and the volcana will deal damage before the attacks of panic attack resolve.
thats really working as intended?
if so why isnt it like this with other spells why doesnt blistering radiance for example only scorn everyone at cast and deal damage after all spells are casted?
to me it seems as if my problem isnt even understood.
cant even quote atm i dont know why but zack
You’ve posted topics about this type of interaction before, and I’ve done several tests and responded to your topics to show you that it’s working as intended and this is how the game works.
really?
i made an attack traits not triggering thread u never responded it got highjacked by someone else and u responded there after that person literally spammed that thread.
i made an trigger chance dont work correctly thread and i get no response if spells should trigger when when the enemy dies by the attack which leads to myself testing for hours instead of a really short response. after i confirmed it doesnt trigger on killing blows u go and fix that.
so pls enlighten me what exactly did i complain about that was working as intended?
sure though i just wont post any bugs anymore since that seems to be the better option for you?
(and btw the cast on killing blow it used to work and then you changed it without even a word in the patchnotes and im quite certain it wasnt in the patchnotes when u changed it back either)
and after looking at my topics history i just dont see a single post about stuff working as intended except maybe the on attack traits not triggering thread even tho im still sure something weird is going on there. but id realy like to know what you are referring to there.