Patch file

Hey, I purchased games on Groupees, out of 4 games I bought, this Siralim is most exciting. Until I encountered bug with construction taking away Power which turns me away from playing it any further. I saw your patch note 1.0.3 saying Groupees hasn’t been updating to latest version. (Groupees now got up to 1.0.4, thanks for getting in touch with them)

So anyway, can you create patch file just in case if that happens again? (example of patcher)

As much as I’d love to release actual patches, this would allow people who haven’t purchased the game to patch the demo version and play the full game. This is because Siralim is DRM-free, so there are no server-side checks to ensure that the game isn’t stolen. Therefore, a patch would overwrite the “demo” status of the game.

On a side note, I have spoken with Groupees’ CEO and it looks like the updates will be pushed out much more quickly in the future.

[quote=“Zack, post:2, topic:142”]As much as I’d love to release actual patches, this would allow people who haven’t purchased the game to patch the demo version and play the full game. This is because Siralim is DRM-free, so there are no server-side checks to ensure that the game isn’t stolen. Therefore, a patch would overwrite the “demo” status of the game.

On a side note, I have spoken with Groupees’ CEO and it looks like the updates will be pushed out much more quickly in the future.[/quote]

You could make the patch check whether or not it’s the demo version, and only update if it’s the full version.