Possible bug with Trickster Specialization Spontaneity Perk

Here is the in game perk description for context:
“At random times during battle, your creatures have a 0% (+1% per rank) chance to cast a random, Ethereal Spell Gem from their spell list.”

Based on the way it was written and its effect in battle, Spontaneity seemed like it was supposed to be one of those low cost scaling perks you had to invest in multiple times for a significant effect. In game, it has only 1 rank, capping at 1%. I wasn’t sure if this was intended or not, so I figured I should post here just in case.

1 Like

Yeah, I was really confused by that one, doesn’t really seem intentional the way it’s worded, but increasing it more than that might end up being slightly OP, but I’m not even completely sure what it means by “Random Times” (could be end of every turn, could be after any action, could be after every 10 seconds, but obviously it isn’t the last cause otherwise you could just sit on your turn until stuff casts, lol, but would be funny).

This is intentional. It really does happen at completely random times, and as Possum mentioned, anything higher than 1% would be a bit too much.

In that case, I might suggest matching the format of other single-rank perks to make it more clear.

“At random times during battle, your creatures have a 1% chance to cast a random, Ethereal Spell Gem from their spell list.”

Ah, you’re right - I didn’t notice that I had it set to show a rank-up value. I’ll have this fixed in the next patch, thanks!

1 Like