possible bugs with charge trait

Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug or crash.

1. if there are exactly 3 enemy creatures (in a low level realm), sometimes the charge creature will only attack two or one of them. At the time I observed this my creature had “double take” equipped but it also occurred with no artifact
  2. rarely (1 in 50 or less), the charge effect will not activate at the start of a battle. This happened once in a normal realm vs a scripted egg fight with arachnalisks and mites only so it wasn’t because of diamond attunement. There might be another way that the trait is negated that I’m not aware of though

What operating system are you playing the game on? Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, or Playstation?
If it’s Playstation, please also state your region (NA or EU). If it’s a mobile device, please state the device’s model/brand (such as Nexus 5 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4).

Windows

What game version are you playing? You can find the version number on the title screen in the lower left corner.

I’ve seen the “failure to activate” behavior myself… I’ve also seen some other traits randomly fail for reasons unapparent/nonexistent(e.g. Midnight Feast). Every time it has failed, I’ve checked traits and found no explanation.

@Zack - Could there be some sort of volatile memory issue here, or perhaps a failure to finish an asynchronous initialization before the Charge would take place? I don’t know the structure of your code of course, and I have exactly zero knowledge about how Game Maker Studio handles memory… Just throwing some ideas out from issues I’ve had with code of my own.

Did any of those attacks kill a creature? I have noticed that a string of random attacks appear to target dead creatures if they died within that string of attacks. I’ve noticed it with Abnegation when my entire party is healed. I should see 6 hits but sometimes I only see 4 or 5. I can only assume that the later Abnegation hits are targeting a creature already killed by one of the earlier hits.