Ps4 crash on start of Siralim 3

Game crashes with error CE-34878-0 without reaching first menu. I play daily, but do not often close/restart the game.

Can you please make sure you have the latest PS4 software updates, and then try restarting your PS4?

Checked all that last night. PS4 does that automatically. The game did load once this morning and my save file was declared corrupt, then was gone. Tries loading the game again, back to the error.

If your save file is corrupt, you might need to reinstall the game for it to load again. I have a feeling the save file is lost though, unfortunately.

I’ll see if re-installing fixes the crash, but I think it’s very unlikely I will wait a full year to get back all the holiday critters i have been patiently waiting for.

I have isolated the problem to my save file. On a different PS4, game loaded fine. Added save game 1, same error on new machine.

I looked up that error code and here’s what Sony claims you should try:

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (“HDD”) in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.

I have isolated the problem to my save file. On a different PS4, game loaded fine. Added save game 1, same error on new machine. Looks like my game is over.

But, if you would like to figure out how a save file produces that error message, I have successfully extracted it from the ps4!