Question regarding "Presence of Mind" (and other out-of-battle abilities)

How exactly does “Presence of Mind” work? Does it grant all possible shrine effects at half power except for the “all creatures start with a random buff” (positive status effect) effect and other non-numerical effects like first strike? If so, do the shrine effects (+x% specific resource/power/all resources) stack?

(The word “buff” is sort of confusing here. I assume it means the same thing as defined in the in-game library, that is, positive status effects.)

If I have an artifact enchanted with “Presence of Mind”, do I still retain the shrine effect if I unequip the artifact?

(Side note, if I leave a realm temporarily with a portal, do I still retain shrine effects when I come back? I’m not sure what exactly “until you leave the realm” means.)

What about other out-of-battle or “between battles” effects like the Pilwiz’s Pica and the Pit Worm Harbinger’s Intimidation? Do I still retain the bonuses if I swap out the artifact? If no, do I still retain the previous bonuses if I put the artifact back (after taking it out), or do I lose them entirely when I unequip it?

Yes, it grants all shrine effects except the one that gives your creatures a random buff.

No, all of those effects are only active while you have the artifact equipped.

[quote=“Zack, post:2, topic:924”]Yes, it grants all shrine effects except the one that gives your creatures a random buff.

No, all of those effects are only active while you have the artifact equipped.[/quote]

I see, thanks for the prompt reply. I’d assume that the “all creatures get first strike” buff/effect is also exempted, right?

The shrine effect don’t stack even after reawakening the shrine, right?

And I would assume that unequipping the artifact would lose the benefit entirely, and I would have to start from scratch again after I reequip it, right? (for all three cases of presence of Mind, Pica, and Intimidation)

Sorry for the complicated questions, and thanks again, in advance.

what does happen if you unequip presence of mind after getting the shrine buffs?

According to Zack, it goes away.

What I’m still unclear about is whether it comes back if you reequip the artifact, or if you need to find another shrine (or reawaken the used shrine) to get the shrine effect again.

You can re-equip the artifact to regain the benefits.

And nope, shrine effects do not stack, so reawakening a shrine won’t help.

[quote=“Zack, post:6, topic:924”]You can re-equip the artifact to regain the benefits.

And nope, shrine effects do not stack, so reawakening a shrine won’t help.[/quote]

Ah, so the relevant data entry is stored somewhere in memory and only refreshed when we enter a new realm. Got it, thank you.