Quit and save option in menu page don't work

I have tried to quit and save game 8 times and have to restart from restarting game every time over 3- 24hour time spans. This is not a demo game. I bought and own 1_0_1 version of Siralim

You need to update your game to version 1.0.2. You will find it on your Humble downloads page.

For folks that purchased the game through the groupee’s Greenlight bundle sale, what’s the best way to get ahold of the 1.0.2 update?

The update will be available soon, hopefully. I’m at the mercy of the Groupees team to push the update out to their customers, so I’ll try to keep you posted.

Is it fine if I just keep playing the demo while waiting for Groupee update? I started with the demo, then got the groupee… and my demo save loads on the groupee version. The problem is that Groupee is one version behind, so I don’t want to mess up my save or anthing, but does it matter if I play the demo version for now? I’m not sure when the demo version will hit a wall.

Yes, you can play the demo. Save files will always work after updates, but in the demo version you will stop gaining experience points past character level 15.