Raiko's Idea Repository!

Yeah, I’m going to chiefly be posting here.

I don’t know how far along you guys are when it comes to monsters and stuff…your trailer did tell me you were busy turning the Fleshwarper skins into actual monsters, which was one of the things I intended to suggest, abilities and all…but there’s more I’d like to bring up.

…and I’ll start off there: the Retro skins. Honestly, I’d say it’d be downright trivial to adapt those skins to the modern format(the retro Fiend and Stronghold in particular are ALMOST there!), and give them matching abilities. I’d even be willing to come up with fitting names for them! Or, heck, I’d also be more then happy to bring up entirely new species of monsters, possibly with matching abilities!

Chiefly, I’ll admit: I’d be very up for sharing these ideas, but I’d like SOME affirmation that I’m not just talking to myself on here, as it turns out I’ve done in the past on other forums(not all game devs are good about forums, or even paying attention!). I’d love to hear from you guys, devs and normal posters alike, and I’ll share gladly once at least one person responds. :slight_smile:

…okay, screw the waiting, I’m posting now.

I’ve been talking with Umaro over on the Discord, and we came up with a few diffrent monster classes, both new and based on retro monsters. The one I’m posting now is based on the retro Banshee…I’m calling this monster class ‘Songstress’. Here’s what we came up with so far!

Monster Class: Songstress
Element: Sorcery(could also be Life or Death)
Role: Supporting Caster(good INT, good Mana, okay SPD, decent-ish everything else)

Base Monster: Forlorn Songstress
Trait- Song of Tragedy
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes one of the target’s buffs at random and gives it to the party.

Added Monster: Chained Songstress
Trait: Song of Bondage
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes 10% of the target’s SPD and gives it to the party.

Added Monster: Reverent Songstress
Trait: Song of Worship
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes 10% of the target’s ATK and gives it to the party.

Added Monster: Fomenting Songstress
Trait: Song of Conflict
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes 10% of the target’s DEF and gives it to the party.

Added Monster: Delirious Songstress
Trait: Song of Madness
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes 10% of the target’s INT and gives it to the party.

Added Monster: Rapturous Songstress
Trait: Song of Euphoria
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes 10% of the target’s mana, calculated by their maximum mana, and gives it to the party.

Special Monster: Songstress Sovereign
Trait: Song of Domination
Effect: When attacking, this monster takes one of its own debuffs at random and gives it to the enemy party.

There’s the first one. Tell me what you all think! Also, a disclaimer: these are just me spitballing values. If the devs want to boost or nerf these values, that’s entirely their choice. Same with what Type they are. In terms of colors and details and such, I’d LOVE to be involved in those too, should the devs decide what I do is good enough. :3

And here’s the second one, based on the retro Wyverns…albeit wth shorter legs and longer necks. I’m calling these ‘Drakes’.

Monster Class: Drake
Element: Chaos
Role: Plysical Attacker(good HP and ATK, okay DEF and SPD, decent-ish everything else)

Base Monster: Thuggish Drake
Trait- Dispersion Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, the monsters next to the target take 100% of the damage the target took.

Added Monster: Furious Drake
Trait: Focussed Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, the monster behind the target takes 100% of the damage the target took.

Added Monster: Lugubrious Drake
Trait: Dividing Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, a monster in diagonal range of the target takes 100% of the damage the target took.

Added Monster: Monstrous Drake
Trait: Expansive Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, the entire enemy party takes 20% of the damage the target took.

Added Monster: Spiteful Drake
Trait: Oppressive Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, other enemies with the same species as the target take 100% of the damage the target took.

Added Monster: Loathsome Drake
Trait: Balefire Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, other enemies with the same Type as the target take 100% of the damage the target took.

Special Monster: Mischievous Drake
Trait: Reckless Breath
Effect: If the user kills the target, random members of the enemy party take 100% of the damage the target took.

And there ya go. Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through. Also Umaro…he contributed quite a bit, and gave me the idea. :3

…and a THIRD. Umaro mentioned that no monster themed around Multistrike exists, nor does Siralim have any squid-based monsters, so we figured we’d add one. Working name so far is ‘Kraaken’.

Monster Class: Kraaken
Element: Nature
Role: Physical Tank(good HP and DEF, okay ATK, decent-ish everything else)

Base Monster: Giant Squid
Trait: Squidlimbs
Effect: If this monster kills its target, it gains Multistrike.

Added Monster: Killamari
Trait: Hostility
Effect: If this creature successfully Provokes, it and the monsters next to it gain Multistrike.

Added Monster: Squidite
Trait: Group Hug
Effect: If this creature gains Multistrike through any source, the rest of the party also gets Multistrike.

Added Monster: Arrowhead
Trait: Barbed Arrows
Effect: If this creature has Multistrike, it deals damage as if it had 100% more ATK.

Added Monster: Phanquid
Trait: Trample Tentacle
Effect: If this creature has Multistrike and kills an opponent, any wasted attacks are directed to a random monster in direct proximity to it. This can only happen once per kill.

Added Monster: Kraaken
Trait: Terror of the Sea
Effect: If this creature has Multistrike, it gains one additional Multistrike attack.

Special Monster: Deep Dweller
Trait: Improvisation
Effect: If this creature gains either Multistrike or Multicast, it will also gain the other buff.

And there we are. Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through. Also Umaro…he suggested all this, and it was his idea. I just added it it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool ideas, thank you!

To answer your question about the retro skins: those probably won’t return in Siralim 3. They worked as skins because they were merely cosmetic bonuses, but I don’t really want them to be added to the pool of real creatures because they look so drastically different from the newer art.

Re: Retro skins: Alrighty. Though I’ll still suggest monsters based on them!

…like this fourth kind. A monster type based on the retro Spirit’s highly-distinctive design…we’re calling them ‘Wyldvane’ so far.

Monster Class: Wyldvane
Element: Life
Role: Supporting Tank(good HP and DEF, okay Mana, decent-ish everything else)

Base Monster: Relief Banner
Trait: Standard of Comfort
Effect: When this creature Defends, one random debuff is removed from your party. This can only happen to one debuff at a time, and if multiple party members have it, it’s removed from all of them.

Added Monster: National Flag
Trait: Standard of Pride
Effect: When this creature Defends, the party takes reduced damage as if they were all Defending.

Added Monster: Profaned Scroll
Trait: Standard of Wrath
Effect: When this creature is attacked while Defending, a random creature in your party delivers a counterattack at 70% damage.

Added Monster: Tattered Scrap
Trait: Standard of Pity
Effect: When this creature Defends, other creatures in your party heal 20% of their HP at the end of their turn.

Added Monster: Sacrificial Rag
Trait: Standard of Mercy
Effect: If a monster in your party dies while this creature Defends, the monster in question is resurrected with full health and mana, but this monster dies in exchange.

Special Monster: False Flag
Trait: Standard of Deceit
Effect: If this creature is attacked while Defending, there’s a 50% chance of another random enemy taking the hit instead.

…so yeah. That’s the initial four ready! Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

Alright, let’s try a new thing. Another monster type, based on the look of the retro Aspect…minus the leaves, and with some scars and wooden armor. Gonna call them ‘Goliath’ so far. Also slightly more gimmicky Traits.

Monster Class: Goliath
Role: Supporting DPS(good ATK and DEF, okay HP, decent-ish everything else)

Base Monster: Burly Goliath
Trait: Sandpaper Skin
Effect: Dishes out counterattacks every time this monster is attacked, starting at 35% damage and building up to 100%.

Added Monster: Rugged Goliath
Trait: Brutal Cunning
Effect: Gains a stacking crit bonus every time this monster is attacked, starting at 5% and building up to 50%.

Added Monster: Agile Goliath
Trait: Read The Moves
Effect: Gains a stacking SPD bonus every time this monster is attacked, starting at 5% and building up to 30%.

Added Monster: Stoic Goliath
Trait: Rock Solid
Effect: Gains a stacking DEF bonus every time this monster is attacked, starting at 5% and building up to 30%.

Added Monster: Sagely Goliath
Perk: Master’s Wisdom
Effect: Gains a stacking INT bonus every time this monster is attacked, starting at 5% and building up to 30%.

Added Monster: Macho Goliath
Trait: Hyper Muscle
Effect: Gains a stacking ATK bonus every time this monster is attacked, starting at 5% and building up to 30%.

Special Monster: Surreal Goliath
Trait: Complex Feelings
Effect: The rest of the party gains a stacking buff to a random stat when this monster is attacked, starting at 5% and building up to 30%.

…this should be the last of the derivative ones. Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

EDIT: Edited the Pale Destroyer’s trait in response to feedback.

Yeah, it’s me again. This time with a more…ORIGINAL new monster type. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m calling these the Vileblooms, and I based them visually on a rose boss I saw in Lufia 2 once. The actual appearance will be diffrent, obvs, but that all depends on wether the devs think my works are good enough to be added in. For now, I brainstorm, and I love it!

Monster Class: Vilebloom
Role: Glass Cannon DPS(good ATK, SPD and Mana, decent-ish everything else).

Base Monster: Rogue Bordeaux
Trait: Bully
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy with Scorn, it deals 200% extra damage, and then removes Scorn from the enemy.

Added Monster: Desert Rose
Trait: Sunburn
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy with Burn, it deals 200% extra damage, and then removes Burn from the enemy.

Added Monster: Bloody Blossom
Trait: Hollow Thorns
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy with Bleed, it deals 200% extra damage, and then removes Bleed from the enemy.

Added Monster: La Fleccia
Trait: Purple Daze
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy with Poison, it deals 200% extra damage, and then removes Poison from the enemy.

Added Monster: Regal Beauty
Trait: Harshness
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy with Weak, it deals 200% extra damage, and then removes Weak from the enemy.

Added Monster: Serene Mint
Trait: Soothing Kick
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy with Berserk, it deals 200% extra damage, and then removes Berserk from the enemy.

Special Monster: Pale Destroyer
Trait: Predation
Effect: When this monster attacks an enemy, it applies a random debuff for each other Vilebloom in the party.

There we are. Very Wake-up Slap traits, but it works. :slight_smile: Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

Hey, guess who’s back? That’s right, it’s me!

In light of the new monster reveals for Siralim 3, it’s only fitting that I show I’ve still got some fight left in me yet, and here’s a completely original, very unsubtle monster type. Gonna call these ‘Burrowbugs’.

Monster Class: Burrowbug
Element: Death
Role: Glass Cannon DPS(Great ATK and SPD, meh everything else)

Base Monster: Ambusher
Trait: Flat-footed
Effect: When this creature attacks, it temporarily adds 25% of the target’s SPD to its ATK.

Added Monster: Mail Breaker
Trait: Down To Size
Effect: When this creature attacks, it temporarily adds 25% of the target’s DEF to its ATK.

Added Monster: Hexecutioner
Trait: Mage Masher
Effect: When this creature attacks, it temporarily adds 25% of the target’s INT to its ATK.

Added Monster: Iron Shears
Trait: Clean Cut
Effect: When this creature attacks, it temporarily adds 25% of the target’s ATK to its ATK.

Added Monster: Meat Grinder
Trait: Tenderize
Effect: When this creature attacks, it temporarily adds 15% of the target’s Max HP to its ATK.

Added Monster: Keen Trueblade
Trait: Weight of Experience
Effect: When this creature attacks, it adds 25% of the target’s total level to its ATK.

Special Monster: Glassy Confounder
Trait: Illusion Sword
Effect: All Burrowbugs in the party add 10% extra of the relevant stat to their ATK.

…and that’s the lot. :slight_smile: Props to Umaro for helping me word their traits. Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

…and here’s another one. Courtesy of Umaro, actually. He brought up the idea, I just ran with it. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, introducing the Masquerin.

Monster Class: Masquerin
Element: Sorcery
Role: Supporting Caster(good Mana and INT, okay SPD and DEF, decent everything else)

Base Monster: Masquerin Jester
Trait: Trickery
Effect: This creature’s spells have a chance to inflict Confused along with their usual effects.

Added Monster: Masquerin Clown
Trait: Balloon Body
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Confused.

Added Monster: Masquerin Pierrot
Trait: Wow The Crowd
Effect: When this monster inflicts Confused on an enemy, the monsters adjacent to it also gain Confused.

Added Monster: Masquerin Magician
Trait: Sleight of Hand
Effect: When this monster inflicts Confused onto an enemy, it gets to act a second time.

Added Monster: Masquerin Storyteller
Trait: Eternally Retold
Effect: When this monster damages an enemy that has Confused, all other enemies with Confused take damage equal to 50% of the damage the target took.

Added Monster: Masquerin Pretender
Trait: Sabotage
Effect: When this monster inflicts Confused onto an enemy, that enemy also gets another random debuff.

Special Monster: Masquerin Assassin
Trait: Amid the Chaos
Effect: This monster deals double damage against enemies that have Confused.

…and there we go. Be sure to thank Umaro for this one! Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through.

…and yet ANOTHER one. Gotta show I can keep up with the devs!

A tankier monster this time, with defensive traits and tough constitutions. Calling them ‘Shield Lions’ for now.

Monster Class: Shield Lion
Element: Life
Role: Tank(good DEF and SPD, okay HP, decent-ish everything else)

Base Monster: Heater
Trait: Sizzling Body
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Burn.

Added Monster: Scutum
Trait: When In Rome
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Bleed.

Added Monster: Kite
Trait: Frozen Tears
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Frozen.

Added Monster: Pavise
Trait: Shieldwall
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Weak.

Added Monster: Bouche
Trait: Shield Flash
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Blind.

Added Monster: Targe
Trait: Heart of Courage
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Vulnerable.

Special Monster: Aegis
Trait: Pure Contempt
Effect: When this creature is attacked, it takes 15% less damage and inflicts the attacker with Scorn.

…and there’s your tough, tanky bois. :slight_smile: Same disclaimer as above applies: the devs can decide the values better then I can, and I’d love to be involved in the design if this goes through.