Rare items

Sooo, what’s the best way to find rarer stuff like demon dust and nice nether orbs? I feel a bit stuck since I have a rough time getting past realm level 12 despite being level 90…
Got a Nether smith and I have a couple crappy Orbs that I’m working on using. Planning on a Nether Carnage and either a health based Witch Doctor or the Nightwing Gargoyle.

Right now I’m running: Diamond Paragon, Nightwing Gargoyle, Emerald Paragon, Nether Brim Smith, Topaz Paragon and Fallen Carnage.
I don’t think I’ll keep the Emerald, in fact I might put my other Brim Smith in there instead.

The most noticable thing with your setup is the lack of a proper tank or a way to simply survive.
There are countless tanks that can do work for you at your current level, and strong comboes can always go far.

The most important part for you right now is to experiment with synergies. Find stuff that work well together! Finding the rarer stuff such as demon dust / good orbs is mostly RNG, however it also helps having maxed out item finding skills.

Yeah I haven’t found a way for the tank to be targeted consistently, so I’ve gone for a one hit kill group.

Trying to work on synergies. I got splash on a artifact which gives my Brim Smith’s enormous hits a lot of umph.

The rarer stuff is “easier” to find the deeper you go though right?
Yeah I learned from my first guy to stick points in loot skills. Almost all of my points are there now. Make a big difference.

Id say the rarer stuff is easier to find the deeper you go, however that mostly holds true for stuff like emblems, which drop from basically every chest, tent, igloo and stuff. Things such as demon dust are still quite rare, and so are the good orbs (imbued ones). There is a Demonic Horde guy that increases loot drops based on how many demonic horde you have, which is excellent if you can get a good setup going.

Yes, the rare stuff builds quickly to floor 20, then slows down a bit, but you’ll still see improvement. You do need to put together a cohesive team idea to make it farther than 10-20, but then all of a sudden you’ll be able to get down into the 100s.

[quote=“Nori, post:1, topic:999”]Sooo, what’s the best way to find rarer stuff like demon dust and nice nether orbs? I feel a bit stuck since I have a rough time getting past realm level 12 despite being level 90…
Got a Nether smith and I have a couple crappy Orbs that I’m working on using. Planning on a Nether Carnage and either a health based Witch Doctor or the Nightwing Gargoyle.

Right now I’m running: Diamond Paragon, Nightwing Gargoyle, Emerald Paragon, Nether Brim Smith, Topaz Paragon and Fallen Carnage.
I don’t think I’ll keep the Emerald, in fact I might put my other Brim Smith in there instead.[/quote]

I’m assuming when you say Witch Doctor that you mean the Sacrificer, since its Blood Dance ability is the most commonly used.

If you want a Fallen Carnage party, I suggest replacing the Diamond with a Brownie Captain situated directly behind the FC to give it an edge. The Emerald I would replace with a Stronghold, which I would keep in a row with your Topaz to maximize survival. Your Witch Doctor, instead, should have maxed Topaz; the Stronghold will absorb all attacks, so you want Blood Dance to come out as swiftly as possible (though if you want to sacrifice offensive initiative, you can put both Stronghold and Sacrificer in the Topaz row to stonewall enemies right off the bat, though this will mean sacrificing the Captain, probably a Dark Brim Smith). Later on if you find a legendary mat for the Cloak and Dagger ability, the Sacrificer will go invisible when defending, which invariably means that as soon as it gets a turn it becomes untouchable on top of making your other creatures unbelievably tanky, which further favors Speed and means you can swap out your Stronghold for something else.

Prospective setups look like this:

Option A - Offensive:

Brim Smith / Topaz Paragon / Fallen Carnage
Stronghold / Witch Doctor Sacrificer / Brownie Captain

Option B - Defensive:

Witch Doctor Sacrificer / Topaz Paragon / Stronghold
Brim Smith / Dark Brim Smith / Fallen Carnage

I doubt you’re dealing with legendary mats yet or you’d have mentioned them. When you start playing around with them, let us know and we’ll brainstorm a setup.

~*~

As for Rare Items, Orbs and Pills can now be reliably found in the Arena, though it’s a tough sell for lower-level characters. You want to maximize Loot Hoarding and Power Balance in general, since they both act as multipliers for your loot value.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve seen some Brownie Captains but I don’t have 3 cores yet, so I’ll have to go hunting.

As for the Witch Doctor, I didn’t know there was others beyond the Hexer. I was thinking he would be a speedy CC guy. I’ll have to see if I can find a Sacrificer.

I do have a bunch of legendary materials, but the only thing of note I’ve done with them is put the Splash on my Topaz Paragon, and the Fallen Carnage has the one that negates 50% of defense (which doesn’t seem to help as much as I thought it would).
I have a artifact that has Second Chance on it though I’m not attached to that one as it has sub optimal stats.

Legendary mats that might be useful. Singularity, Cradle to the Grave, Chrysaor’s Ambition, Resin, Wild Stabs.
With Chrysaor’s Ambition on a artifact I could build any high health guy to be a tank that doesn’t have to be stronghold right? For instance, all of the Paragon’s seem to have high health, could I use a Diamond as a tank?

While I wait for new creatures to get unlock I changed up my team. In parenthesis is the legendary artifact.
Diamond Paragon (Second Life), Nightwing Gargoyle (Snare), Ruby Paragon (Chrysaor’s Ambition)
Nether Brim Smith (50% heal on accident), Topaz Paragon (Splash) and Fallen Carnage (50% defense ignore).

So far I’ve done pretty well with this, but if the bottom three can’t manage to kill at least one or two guys in the first round, they usually only get one more chance.
Experimenting with other creature combos while working on a Nether Fallen Carnage. I need to take a hard look at the guys I have and see if I can switch out the Diamond for something more useful.

Waaaaaaay too many Paragons IMO; they’re tough but unless you have some high-powered countering abilities, that toughness doesn’t help you win. Running on the presumption that you’re using Ruby just for sheer toughness, try a Dumpling instead; their HP stat scales infinitely with consumables eaten by the Pocket Dumpling.

The Diamond Paragon is also a very odd choice. I would look at either replacing it with an attack buff creature (Emerald Paragon / Volatile Phoenix / Clairvoyant Spirit / Pit Worm Harbinger) or a CC monster to disable threats, the classics being Impaler Banshee + (attack enchant-, default Dissection), Nightmare Golem + (status enchant, Swamp Rat Poison or Heretical Blood default), and Vital Clutcher plus the same.