So After a lot more experience with the current artifact system and realizing things I did not previously know. I wanted to try and retry and giving a better and more sound approach to my original idea.
So once again giving the idea to bring out new artifact type, name example: (Legendary Artifacts) (Mythic Artifacts) (Imbued Artifacts) etc lol
List of how it could be set up.
- Requires a recruitment of a (un-named person) to the castle who can Identify the artifact
- Requires ritual + resources to identify
- When Identified, reveals the equipment type (weapon, shield, ring, necklace etc.)
- Depending on the revealed equipment type, spawns same type of primary stats that the equipment normally spawns
- Artifact also spawns 1 additional primary stat from the pool (Attack, speed, luck, all def, specific defense etc.)
- The amount of stat is randomized but is generally higher than a normal artifacts primary stat.
- This means Mono stat artifacts will have 2 total primary, double stat artifact will end up with 3 total primary
- Primary stats increase the same as the artifact levels up.
- Always starts at level 1 with 0/1 secondary
- Requires ritual + X amount of (Any) materials + Resources to fill secondary slot
- This is done by the same person who identifies
- Each new secondary slot requires a higher cost to unlock but same length ritual (makes sense)
- Each secondary slot filled is a randomized stat or rare type (buff, ability etc.) that is of a higher amount than a normal artifacts stat
- Once any rare type of buff, ability is used, can not re-produce the same buff, ability on future stat unlocks on same artifact.
- Rolled stats are at characters level but spawn with generally higher stats than normal
- rare buff, procs % generally higher than the normal max up to perhaps 10-15% more is limit from normal, example, 25% normal but on these artifact can manage up to 40% (usually really rare to hit 35-40% though)
Can still enchant legendary craft to artifact, legendary ability fills in the primary rather than secondary.
Unable to Re-roll stats, remove stats, change stats etc. (Help create diversity and reason to find more unique’s)
These Artifacts are able to go above the max level 10 cap
- When identified the artifact will have a level display of 1/xx and every unique artifact can vary for the max level, kind of like Nether orbs. Example #1: Level 1/14, Example #2: Level 1/17
- Rarity increases to find unique artifacts with higher max levels.
- Level max can still identify at 10 still, so 10+ kinda thing.
- Could make it another fun project to max out something with a higher level cap as kill count would increase per level
- Special Perks that can be done with these unique artifacts
- Able to give the artifact its very own name on identification or anytime after at a cost (resources)
- (wishful thinking) Artifacts can be of all sorts of visual differences through randomized art, No idea if this is possible lol.
Hope I covered all I was thinking about lol. I know you guys are busy but I figured I give this another shot and make it more clearer and make more sense after playing with the artifact system for about 120 hours now lol. I hope this list makes sense for the game and sounds like a great way to make artifacts really interesting again. It would be cool to have a community not only show off cool created creatures but also awesome legendary / unique artifacts they found and built up hopefully into something really useful haha