Rogue-like options from original?

I just saw Siralim 2 on the Play Store, and (since I loved the first one) I bought it without a second thought. The mechanics are much better, but the part that I enjoyed the most from the original, S1, was the set of options that went something like this when you start a new game:

  1. Would you like to have creature randomization on? Yes No
  2. Would like to have perma-death on? Yes No

These made the game a lot of fun to experiment with early game and added to rogue-like-i-ness.
Is there any chance that this will be added to the sequel, Siralim 2?
O yeah, and I’m new here :slight_smile:

Since the vast majority of creatures are unlocked by breeding, the first one wouldn’t have much effect on the game other than the possibility of you running into unbeatable encounters early on.

An Ironman mode where your save file is erased if you die, like in Siralim 1, would be too hard in this game, I think. I can’t imagine getting through the game without dying once.

In my experience, this hasn’t been true. New creatures begin appearing by mage level, whether they’ve been bred or not. I have a lot of creatures I can’t extract from since I haven’t bred them yet.

[quote=“nobogui, post:3, topic:2628”]

In my experience, this hasn’t been true. New creatures begin appearing by mage level, whether they’ve been bred or not. I have a lot of creatures I can’t extract from since I haven’t bred them yet.[/quote]

But if you include the unextractable creatures, you could be stuck with just your 2 starters before the first or second boss.

[quote=“Umaro, post:4, topic:2628”]

[quote=“nobogui, post:3, topic:2628”]

In my experience, this hasn’t been true. New creatures begin appearing by mage level, whether they’ve been bred or not. I have a lot of creatures I can’t extract from since I haven’t bred them yet.[/quote]

But if you include the unextractable creatures, you could be stuck with just your 2 starters before the first or second boss.[/quote]

Maybe make it so you have to beat the normal game first so you at least know what you’re getting into =-).

Or an option to make all creatures extractable

I do miss random creatures - it would be great to find a way to bring it back. It was one of the reasons I kept playing the first Siralim ;D

Same here :frowning:

To be honest I’ve restarted a few times over the months, got diverted by something else and then come back to S2.
I’m one of those guys that after a hiatus I need to start over, however even though I only scratched the surface of the game I’ve seen the earlier game combinations enough time now to make me loath to do it again…

I had exactly the same with S1 but for one major difference - Random creature mode. This made restarting fresh every time. I had no problem going through it all again as it truly felt like a new experience.

I know that Zack has said previously that he doesnt believe RCM would work with S2 as it could lock out and limit creature combinations due to breeding race availability becoming random, however there MUST be a way around this by creating a Quasi-Random Creature Mode where 90% of the monsters are randomised and the remaining ‘core’ 10% remain static so enough combinations are drip fed normally.

Sigh…

I keep coming back and praying that there is some news regarding this so I can get my S2 fix once more.