Saving in floors.

OK, so imagine you’re playing S3, and suddenly, in the middle of a floor, you want to have a break. The door, which gave you a powerful artifact, has a very obscure teleport shine, and BAM! You lose your floor progress.

Will S3 have some sort of progress saving mechanic? To end a session on a floor and then begin it anew later in the same place?

50/50 mixed feelings about this one, actually.

Handy feature ? For sure. And yet, different ways of save scumming was roguelike natural predators since ancient times…
Of course, Siralim series was more of a sandbox since S2, yet still I’m simply unsure if mid-adventure saving worth devtime.

[quote=“Athetos421, post:1, topic:3636”]OK, so imagine you’re playing S3, and suddenly, in the middle of a floor, you want to have a break. The door, which gave you a powerful artifact, has a very obscure teleport shine, and BAM! You lose your floor progress.

Will S3 have some sort of progress saving mechanic? To end a session on a floor and then begin it anew later in the same place?[/quote]

A quicksave feature would be convenient indeed, especially with the newest slew of features.

I have to agree with Aiesha here, it would either be a save state feature, removing all the tension from the game, or have the game delete it once it loads, which is really dangerous and could lead to lost data and could still be used as a save state by manually copying the file anyway.

It doesn’t take that long to clear a realm, so just don’t enter one if you have to leave in 2 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

At least that’s my opinion.

Meh if someone wants to go to the hassle of copying a save to somewhere else to savescum I think you should let them. So you can spend more dev time on other features of the game, if you do say a quick save feature equivalent to Fire Emblem games.

[quote=“Athetos421, post:1, topic:3636”]OK, so imagine you’re playing S3, and suddenly, in the middle of a floor, you want to have a break. The door, which gave you a powerful artifact, has a very obscure teleport shine, and BAM! You lose your floor progress.

Will S3 have some sort of progress saving mechanic? To end a session on a floor and then begin it anew later in the same place?[/quote]
I’ll just clear another floor and get a stronger artifact. I can count on one hand the times I’ve lost progress from a power outage in the last 3 years of gaming across all games. It’s just not needed.