Scholarly Stable

I wanted to make sure I understand how the math works here.

The description says “Your creatures in the stable gain X% (+1% per rank) of the experience each of your creatures gain from battles.”

Sounds pretty straight-forward, if I’m reading it right. Does this mean that the final amount of experience points awarded to each creature in a battle (the amounts shown on the experience tally screen) all get added together, multiplied by the Scholarly Stable amount (8% for me currently), then that calculated amount given to each creature currently in the stable?

If so, this would mean that you can power level your whole stable quicker by taking a couple low-level critters into high-level realms, which would give them a bigger level disadvantage bonus, and thus increase the amount that SS has to give out, right?

I think it uses the base experience ( the amount you would get for a level 1 creature), multiplies it by the fraction and then adjusts for the creature’s level (the one in the stable).

So it doesn’t matter what leve the creatures in your team are, but it does matter what level your opponents are.

[quote=“rlnonay, post:2, topic:2774”]I think it uses the base experience ( the amount you would get for a level 1 creature), multiplies it by the fraction and then adjusts for the creature’s level (the one in the stable).

So it doesn’t matter what leve the creatures in your team are, but it does matter what level your opponents are.[/quote]

Okay, if that’s how it works, then I’m not too far off the mark then. Now I just have to decide if I should push for that 10% max, or go for the perk that lets you auto-extract cores from defeated enemies.

Auto extract is useful when fighting creatures near your party level - you will occasionally get cores without having to skip an attack. When farming for cores, it doesn’t help a lot since you typically hit lower level creatures so that you don’t need to worry about your team getting taken out.

Maxing scholarly stable and smarter eggs helps your breeding program a lot by significantly cutting the time it takes to get to breeding level for new creatures.

I’m mostly concerned with getting cores from weaker stuff that you just one-shot into dust before you ever have a chance to extract. :smiley:

Definitely want to bulk up Smarter Eggs too. I’ve only got a couple levels in that one.

With the weaker foes, you can just keep extracting since they wont do enough to impact your team…

If you are killing things without even meaning it like you have a valkyrie counter attacking or when hit gems triggering you can build up a separate team for extracting. My extraction team is an all Amaranth team and most of them have Sadism to slowly whittle the enemies away. Sadism is great because it will never really be able to kill on its own. One of them also makes the enemies start with 80% HP.

I like the Amaranths for their high defense so the lower enemies have no chance of damaging me. And each attack on me causes me to gain defense from one of the Amaranth’s traits. When I want to finish them off defense adds damage to spells. I really only use this team to extract but it has become very fun to play.

I run nature mage, so I grabbed the perk that gives you a 25% extract chance on kill. I just wail on everything and not worry about it. :smiley: