Simple, silly and kinda stupid teams.

The idea is simple: Post dumb, preferably budget-friendly, teams that you’ve found throughout the game and let us all marvel at them. They don’t have to be particularly good or creative. You just need to give an explanation as to why you think the team is silly and/or stupid and leave it at that.

For simplicities sake I’ll start out with one of the most simple teams in the game, that can easily go infinite if need be - Salamanders.

Fire Salamander: When your creatures die, they cast one of their spells at random. (currently bugged and dosen’t do anything)
Artifact trait: Whatever.
Immunity: Silence.
Stats: Ressources and Int.
Spell gems: Reincarnation, Requim and Blur (boosts Wind Salamanders damage output).

Earth Salamander: When your creatures are resurrected, they cast a one of their spells at random.
Spell gems: Reincarnation, Requim and Blur.

Ice Salamander: When your creatures would take damage that exceeds 25% of their maximum health, they cast one of their spells at random. Even if they die.
Spell gems: Reincarnation, Requim and Soothing Breeze (Infinite mana).

Thunder Salamander: When your creatures cast a spell, they have a 50% chance to cast another one of their spells for free. Triggers on triggered spells too.
Spell gems: Reincarnation, Requim and Purgatory (who needs Royal Phoenix anyway?).

Water Salamander: When your creatures defend or provoke, they cast one of their spells at random.
Spell gems: Reincarnation, Requim and Guardian Force (because 18 free spells are better than 3).

Wind Salamander: When one of your creatures cast a spell with a Salamander trait (dosen’t have to be a Salamander creature), they cast one of their spells at random.
Artifact trait: Volatile Phoenix - When your creatures are resurrected, this creature deals damage to all enemies equal to 35% of its speed.
Spell gems: Reincarnation, Requim and Blur.

Why its simple: Its a race team which dosen’t even have to be their own race.

Why its silly: When one of your guys die you get a spell, when they’re resurrected you get a spell, when you get a spell you get 1.5 spells and Reincarnation lets you get potentially infinite spells. Plus, you get to take 1-hour turns and yet somehow manage to win before pushing a button.

Why its stupid: Salamanders are ridonkulously powerful. This team can easily go infinite and one of the slots (Water Salamander) dosen’t even do anything. Throw in Royal Phoenix, Mite Gravedigger, Nadin Rift Dancer, Volatile Phoenix and Gravebane Wight and things get even more stupid. You can even beat teams that feature Corrupted Phoenix and the two hard-counter elves - at the same time! Also, Salamanders are a horrible match for Chaos, which adds to the stupid-fun.

I do like Salamanders, though.

I posted these in other threads, but these are the things I’ve found in my current play through that completely break the game:

Black Crystal Smith + Class Shields + Change Enemy Class Spells = Invulnerable

Master Shapeshifter + Mana Regen At Start of Turn = Infinite Turns. Go crazy

Bleed Debuff + Exhaustion Spell and/or long battles = 1 shot anything with bleed, who cares about stats!?

I don’t use any of these, since I want the game to continue to be about stats and actually suggested a rework on them.

A less game breaking but very strong combo I have been playing with is:

Water Salamander + Guardian Force Spell

All creatures defend and cast a spell. Minimum of six spells being cast for a single creature turn, and this can easily be combo’d into even more spell casting shenanigans.

[quote=“winsomniak, post:2, topic:3141”]A less game breaking but very strong combo I have been playing with is:

Water Salamander + Guardian Force Spell

All creatures defend and cast a spell. Minimum of six spells being cast for a single creature turn, and this can easily be combo’d into even more spell casting shenanigans.[/quote]

Been using that one too and I’d personally call it broken as broken can be. Simply make sure one of your creatures only wears Guardian Force and you’ve got a gajjillion spells and /defend triggers. I really like Salamanders on a visual level and their theme (although I just don’t get the Chaos thing!), but… wow, they are so easy to break.

Thats why triggered spells should cost mana instead of being free. This would fix quite a few loopholes

I’ll second this, I see no reason for triggers to be free.

Fracture - After this creature is attacked, it has a 50% chance to deal 75% of the damage taken to all enemies.

This ability can basically beat anything since the 75% can be multiplied and is based on enemy stats. Lances, other traits etc all work. For best results, silence the enemy so they are forced to attack.

Just beat a level 10 sigil on the first round.

Confusion, Mind Control, Mind Tricks, Blind etc + curse

Any effect which causes the enemy to attack each other + curse will result in quick enemy deaths based on their own stats. You don’t really even need any particular creatures.

Well here’s my silly stupid team…

Nature Mage Hounds with Lone Wolf Perk for insane boosts to hp, attack damage, damage mitigation, and complete debuff immunity.

Out of the box, the group is Solid, but if you find an artifact with wild stabs on it things get cray cray.

Load up on every useful death gem you find that has auto cast properties (with wild stabs, ‘cast on defend’ is a easy way to spam all those gems) and debuff the holy heck out everything you hit with auto heal from the attack damage you inflict.

For the terror hound, putting ‘start with invisible’ on artifact will let you escape a full round of incoming hate if you do not go first.

So as the team grows shop for spell gems and load up all your from all schools that fit your bill because, when you find the right materials, you can go nether critter and use ALL the schools. Also, stat boosts from artifact are counted in the forming of Thylacine , so load up on the stat(s) you want most on every hound’s toy.

Not sure how going avatar would work at all since that would erase the hound race completely now that I think about it.

THE BOMB

Cool teams guys. Here is another one from me. This one is actually a team combo instead of single trait/spell interaction!

Team Bonuses

Ruby Attunement - All Creatures have 100% more Health. This trait does not stack.

Singularity - At the start of battle, your creatures share their base Maximum Health with each other. In addition, your creatures take 100% more damage. This trait does not stack.

Dark Dance - All effects that activate when a creature dies will activate twice.

Hate And Other Triumphs - The enemy creatures’ effects that activate when they die are ignored.

Spells that kill your own creatures, such as Sudden Death (deal 25% of creature’s current hp to all enemies)

The Bomb

There is room in the team to add 1-3 Creatures with the following trait combo:

Darkness Surrounding - This creature starts battles with 200% more Health, but takes damage equal to 15% of its Maximum Health at the start of its turn.

Woe - After this creature dies, enemies take damage equal to 40% of its Maximum Health

How it works

Team HP is multiplied by 2 from ruby attunement
Team Hp is added all together, approximately x6 hp for each creature
Creatures with Darkness Surrounding get 3x more hp

HP = Base * 2 * 6 * 3 = 36x HP

0.4 * 36 = 14.4x base HP damage on death of the bomb, twice

This damage can be multiplied further with lances, mage perks, and any traits that increase team damage.

Extremely powerful, and yet still based strictly on your own creature statistics.

I happened upon a death shield with the Eye of Thylacine so…

I took your advice on the Black Crystal Smith set up winsomniak and replaced the terror hound with the shield wielding smith.

it appears by all means that the race/class of the host for the transformation (i.e. the wielder of the terror hound’s trait) still forms Thylacine with full hound powers. Need to watch out for decay artifact status here I guess, but the old start with invisible ducks under the initial lead up for casting of Defy Light - even better that one of the other hounds can host the gem.

An interesting finding is that it is apparently fine to Avatar the stand in for terror hound - pick Yseros for the runic win!

Now if only my Sorcery gems were not total crap while I hunt for a wild stabs material.

This game has all manner of OP buids it appears, thanks for sharing winsomniak!

Sorcery Mage with spell mastery and a full pack of Caustic Cerberii, all using a single class of gem. Add artifacts to take advantage of stat booosted by said gem. Win. Extra bonus: Available early game.

Edit: I forgot the explanation: It’s stupid because it’s easy to get, and you can set this up the moment you unlock the spell gem merchant, if not earlier.

Here’s a silly one!

Ashmouth Cerberus + Spell Gems with Cast At Start of Battle

With 11 gem slots on the Cerberus, you have potentially 66 spells firing off at the start of battle, before even considering other traits or the fact that other monsters get their own gem slots.

Why stop there? 6 Ashmouth Cerberus gets you 396 cast at start of battle spells!

If you have Zonte’s card, that goes up to 432

With Nether Creature Gem Slots, 462

This setup may cause seizures. Note, I have not tried it. Also, those 400ish gems MIGHT work for the traits that scale off of non-temporary gems. I know they work with Terra Vulpes. Pretty ridiculous if so!

[quote=“winsomniak, post:11, topic:3141”]Here’s a silly one!

Why stop there? 6 Ashmouth Cerberus gets you 396 cast at start of battle spells!

…[/quote]

Spell Tap ignores other creatures with Spell Tap. If it didn’t, the spell tap gems would retap, because they are technically non-temporary. This is also why Seal Magic, etc… remove spell tapped gems from all creatures, not just the target.

[quote=“Wulfe, post:12, topic:3141”]

[quote=“winsomniak, post:11, topic:3141”]Here’s a silly one!

…[/quote]

Spell Tap ignores other creatures with Spell Tap. If it didn’t, the spell tap gems would retap, because they are technically non-temporary. This is also why Seal Magic, etc… remove spell tapped gems from all creatures, not just the target.[/quote]

Interesting. Assumed it stacks since other abilities specifically note that they do not. I’ve only played with 1 at a time, which is already crazy powerful!

If what you are saying is correct, the theoretical max would instead be 3 creatures with this ability, 3 without, netting 4x gems per cerberus.

With zonte card and a nether creature, that’d be:

17 for nether cerberus
12 for non-nether cerberus
9 gems for ‘normal’ creature

Total:
191 gems with 1 nether cerberus and 2 non-nether cerberus, 3 other
181 gems with 1 nether cerberus, 1 non-nether, 4 other
147 gems with 1 nether cerberus, 5 other
131 gems with 1 non-nether cerberus, 1 non cerberus nether, 4 other

For 191, since these are non temporary that’s as much as 1910% hp from Irantha ophan, or 1337% int from raptor occultist. Caustic cerberus in the 3 extra slots would have 50 spell gems each for 250% more of any stat. Pretty sure these type of effects multiply too. Nutty!

Throw in some other multipliers and the world goes crazy.

Ok enough combos for a bit. This just keeps coming up for me. Spells outclass most traits in the game! I don’t think I even need traits to win at this point.

Most prominent examples:

[ul][li]Mutilate reducing enemy HP to 1. Attack and win![/li]
[li]Rain of Blood. Survive some turns and win! (easy with other spells)[/li]
[li]Reqiuem and other resurrection spells with Cast on Death, on multiple creatures. Basically unstoppable![/li]
[li]Metamorphosis, randomly set enemy hp between 1 and 100, and hit with a reaper when below 25% (ok used a trait here). Win![/li]
[li]Cast Dark Transformation on your creature a few times. Exponential stat growth! 2 4 8 16 32, you get it.[/li]
[li]Panic attack on multiple creatures. Cast spells to attack to cast spells to attack to cast spells to… you get it.[/li]
[li]Ascension and Chaos Rift with triggers. Nevermind about not needing traits, just give me all of them![/li][/ul]

I could go on. Cast spells, win. Your team can be complete garbage if you use the right spells and you still succeed.