After releasing 41 so-called “hotfix” patches, it’s time for a big one! If you want to skip right to the patch notes, scroll to the bottom of this post.
This patch addresses several issues that players have reported over the last week.
First, players reported that brimstone and crystal were too difficult to come by, while essence and granite had very little use early on. That has definitely been my experience as well. For that reason, the types of resources required for each system have been moved around a bit. The main goal for this change was to give each resource at least a couple uses during the early part of the game, while also giving them one big use for late-game activities to hopefully prevent any one resource from becoming obsolete.
Players also found that it was excessively tedious and frustrating to gain favor with certain gods. This has been addressed in two ways: 1) I’ve made sure that, on average, you can expect to gain a total of 500 favor from each realm’s unique items. 2) You will now gain 250 favor from completing a Realm Quest. If you complete a Realm Quest in each realm, find all of that realm’s favor items, and defeat all the enemies, you should gain an average of 900 favor per realm.
The changes made to favor should allow players to jump into the game more quickly and unlock some features in very little time compared to before. Most importantly, it ensures that you’ll be able to unlock realm quests and alteration spells after visiting a realm only once.
So, what’s next after this patch? More bug/crash fixes for sure, but we’re also working on adding “Turbo Mode” for battles - an option that you can set to allow you to skip spell animations and floating combat text by pressing or holding the E button. Thanks to the way this option is implemented, it will allow players to quickly farm easy, long, or tedious battles while also being able to take some time to strategize during tougher battles. I’m hoping to add Turbo Mode sometime this week, so stay tuned!
- All creatures that belong to the ‘Rift Dancer’ race now have new traits.
- Realm Quests now grant 250 favor with the current realm’s god upon completion.
- Rebalanced the amount of favor gained for all gods. On average, you should now expect to earn about 500 favor per realm, excluding rewards from Realm Quests and battles.
- After reaching the ‘Deified’ rank with any god, you can continue to gain more ranks with these gods that reward 5 Deity Points each. Each rank requires 5000 favor.
- Your list of Breeding Combinations now has an option to display a creature’s page in the bestiary, provided you actually have that creature in the bestiary already.
- Nether items now cost granite instead of crystal.
- Reduced the amount of brimstone and crystal required to summon a creature after you have more than 6 creatures from 2000 to 1500.
- Material transmutation now costs brimstone instead of essence and crystal.
- Charm creation now costs brimstone instead of granite.
- Hatching eggs no longer costs any brimstone - only crystal.
- Cooking now costs crystal instead of essence.
- Enchanting no longer costs any crystal - only essence. Increased the cost to enchant artifacts with a common enchantment from 1000 to 1500.
- Disenchanting no longer costs any crystal - only essence. Increased the cost to disenchant artifacts from 1000 to 2000.
- Forging no longer costs any brimstone - only granite. Increased the cost to forge an artifact from 2000 to 2500.
- Reforging no longer costs any brimstone - only granite. Increased the cost to reforge an artifact’s rare properties from 800 to 1000.
- Branding your artifacts can now be done at no cost.
- Reduced the spell gem mana cost multiplier for the ‘Casts Twice’ property by 20%.
- Reduced the spell gem mana cost multiplier for the ‘Casts On Extra Target’ property by 60%.
- Spells that are exclusive to certain creatures’ traits will now be added to the Compendium of Spells. If you already had these creatures prior to this patch, simply withdraw then re-deposit them at the stable to make it work.
- When creatures have the Barrier buff and take damage in battle, the amount of damage will now be displayed along with the “Barrier!” text.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Diabolic Link’ trait that caused creatures to start battles dead.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Last Stand’ trait that prevented it from working.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Secret Ingredient’ trait that allowed players to exceed 5 maximum health.
- The ‘Hound Legion’ trait now correctly applies to non-Hound creatures.
- The ‘Mana Bomb’ trait now correctly works when provoking; not defending.
- The ‘Chastity’ trait now only prevents damage from attacks and spells.
- Fixed a bug with Artifact Realms that caused them to increase your maximum normal realm depth.
- The ‘Center of the Universe’ trait now only works on non-temporary gems.
- The ‘Unscathed’ trait now works properly for the correct team.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Realm Quests to yield no rewards.
- The ‘Phase Shift’ trait now only activates by damage taken from attacks and spells.
- The ‘Spirit Link’ trait now only activates if you have more than one Imler/Imling on your side.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to send creatures on missions even if they were already on a mission.
- Fixed a crash related to the ‘Disciple of War’ trait.
- Fixed a freeze that could occur if a creature used ‘Transformation Mastery’ without enough mana to use it.