Today’s patch features an overhaul of Nether Realms. The first significant change you’ll notice is that every 5 realm levels, you’ll encounter a more powerful version of the story bosses. While the mechanics for each of these bosses remains largely the same as when you fought them during the story, they’re much stronger than before and have a few additional intricacies. Each boss is guaranteed to drop 1 of 3 exclusive legendary crafting materials that you can’t find anywhere else. This means that a total of 30 new legendary crafting materials (and traits!) were added to the game. These materials are not chosen randomly, so you’ll be able to collect them all after clearing 150 Nether Realm levels.
Aside from that, you now have a chance to encounter some special bonus rooms during your travels in Nether Realms. For example, sometimes, instead of being taken to a normal Nether Realm, you’ll be sent to a small room that contains a bunch of treasure chests. Some rooms are a bit more interactive, such as an arena-style version of the Riddle Dwarf. Aesthetically, some of these rooms aren’t as detailed as I’d prefer (there are no trees in special grassland rooms, for example), so that will be addressed in a later patch.
The rest of the patch contains some quality of life fixes and bug fixes. However, it’s important to note that story bosses now have 50% more health than before. This is an experimental change, so please let me know if it makes story bosses too difficult. The goal of this change is to ensure players can’t one-shot bosses anymore.
- Nether Realms have been overhauled.
- Every 5 realm levels, you must fight an ultra-powerful version of the story bosses. Each boss drops 1 of 3 unique legendary crafting materials that you can’t find anywhere else. These materials are NOT chosen at random. Bosses start spawning at realm depth 5, and spawn every 5 realm levels after that. If you’ve already progressed past realm level 5 prior to this patch, you’ll need to return to realm level 5 and start defeating the bosses in order.
- Several new, interactive surprises and events await you in Nether Realms. These events will be expanded on in a later patch, and some new ones will be added as well.
- Enemies now scale to higher levels and Gene Strengths much more quickly than before. The ‘Hypersensitivity’ punishment makes them scale even faster!
- Enemies always have an extra, randomly-chosen trait.
- Enemies always have a level 10 artifact, but these artifacts cannot spawn with any legendary properties.
- Story bosses now have 50% more health.
- Since Nether Demons were removed in the last patch, some items purchased from gods were rendered obsolete. These items have now been added as components for other items that were not removed.
- Punishments are now disabled while in the arena.
- Battle events related to attacking should now occur in a more sensible order.
- The ‘Blessing of Sands’ trait now adds +3 creatures of the same class, up from 2.
- Fixed a few bugs that could cause spell animations to appear on the wrong targets, or for spells to be cast on the wrong targets.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed summoning spells to activate while the ‘Thylacine’ trait was active.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ‘Living Nightmare’ perk from working.
- Fixed a bug that caused self-targeting spells to sometimes not cast.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Rage’ punishment to bypass Barriers.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause creatures received from the gods to be deleted immediately.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Resurrection Code’ trait that allowed it to also resurrect the creature with this trait.
- Fixed a bug with Item Sets that prevented creature stats from updating properly if an artifact was equipped.
- Fixed a bug with Item Sets that sometimes prevented Spell Gems from being equipped properly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some trait descriptions from appearing with the ‘Inspect’ command in battle.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the ‘Lone Wolf’ perk from blocking debuffs if you were missing 5 creatures from your party. Note that some debuffs are applied constantly, such as those from Sigils, and Lone Wolf will not block those if your creature doesn’t have a 100% chance to ignore debuffs.
- Fixed a bug that caused some creature leveling achievements to unlock in the arena.
- The ‘Hugs and Kisses’ trait should now give a debuff to the creature at the top of the Action Queue rather than the creature that owns the trait.
- The ‘Nature’s Savior’ achievement should now be unlockable.
- Deified Gods should now be counted correctly on the character accolades menu even if you’ve gained multiple deified ranks for each god.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Chaos Orbs’ spell to hit the wrong target when it casts due to the cast on/when hit properties.