It’s time for yet another major update!
Turbo Mode has arrived. This commonly-requested feature allows players to skip spell animations and floating combat text in battle by pressing or holding down the E button. Funny enough, I’m expecting this feature to incite people to try new builds that they’d otherwise shy away from due to battles taking too long.
A common complaint with Siralim 2’s breeding system is that it takes too long for your creatures to accumulate Gene Strength, especially at higher levels. This patch hopes to address that problem by removing the limit on how much Gene Strength an egg can receive from its parents, and ensures that Gene Strength gains will scale higher and higher as you progress through the game.
And finally, the last major crash that has been puzzling me for the last week is now fixed. This was easily the most frequently reported crash, and now that it’s gone, the game can finally be considered stable.
What’s next? Improvements to the user interface! Sorting and filtering options will be added for the inventory, several parts of the library, and other areas throughout the game. After that, I will redesign the enchanting interface so that it’s large enough to fit more text for trait descriptions. I also want to redesign the disenchanting interface and allow players to disenchant any stat slot they want; not only the last one they enchanted.
- Added a new option to the options menu: Turbo Mode. Turbo Mode allows you to press the confirm button (E) to skip spell animations and floating text in battle.
- You can now gain more than a maximum of +6 Gene Strength when you breed. The higher the parents’ Gene Strength, the higher the amount of Gene Strength the offspring can inherit. This will only be noticeable at higher Gene Strength levels (20-30+).
- Your creatures will now recover all their health at the start of each realm, even if you have the ‘Suffocation’ punishment enabled.
- Creatures can once again be healed while they’re at full health.
- Resource nodes now have a sound effect.
- Creatures with the ‘Betrayal’ trait will no longer kill themselves.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Dark Ritual’ spell that caused it to grant 100% benefit instead of only 50%.
- Fixed a bug that caused the enemy AI to ignore the fact that it would kill itself when casting certain spells.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ‘Burst of Power’ trait from working at the appropriate time.
- Fixed a bug that allowed several traits and other effects to activate from attacks that caused 0 damage.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the ‘Graft Bone’ spell was cast.
- Fixed dozens of bugs that could cause spell damage to be inaccurate.
- Fixed several bugs related to exploration missions.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Echo’ perk that caused it to activate less frequently than intended.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Echo’ perk that caused it to activate in favor of enemies as well as your own creatures.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the red “X” from appearing while extracting certain creatures.
- Fixed a bug that caused Breeding Combinaton Pages 437 and 526 to be blank.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ‘Artifact Traveler X’ achievement from unlocking. This fix is not retroactive.