Hope everyone is having an outstanding weekend!
With patch 0.4.1, you can now filter your inventory, transmute all your spell gems at once, rename your stable groups, and much more.
One other important feature is the introduction of a temporary NPC in your castle, located in the tavern and dressed as a white jester. You can speak to this NPC to get rid of your sigils. The sigil system will eventually be overhauled anyway, and a lot of you have so many sigils that it’s starting to slow down the loading time on realm generation. To solve that problem in the short run, you can quickly get rid of your sigils now.
Up next: equipment groups, an overhaul of a few punishments, and a balance pass on spells. Enjoy abusing Snowstorm while you still can!
- Added item filtering/sorting for all types of items. You can toggle sorting by choosing ‘Items’ from the menu, then choose ‘Toggle Sorting: On/Off’. Note: sigils do not have any filters because the sigil system will be overhauled soon anyway.
- You can now ‘Lock’ and ‘Unlock’ Spell Gems. If you lock a Spell Gem, you cannot transmute it.
- Added a new option to the Arcane Vault: Mass Transmute. This option allows you to transmute all your unlocked Spell Gems at the same time.
- Added a new stable group option that allows you to rename your groups.
- Added a new stable group option that allows you to assign your current creatures to a stable group, rather than swapping them with the target group.
- Added an NPC to the tavern that only appears if you have 100 or more sigils in your inventory. The NPC will mass destroy your sigils if you want to get rid of them.
- You can now set your creatures’ strategies to ‘Extract’.
- The battle command selection menu now remembers your creatures’ last actions no matter what they were, including fleeing and extracting.
- Objects that are only used for quests and otherwise do nothing will now only appear on the map if the player has the object’s respective quest.
- Increased the favor gained in Refuge of the Magi and Eternity’s End to balance them with other realms.
- The ‘Braze’ trait has a new rule: ‘If Braze is on this creature’s artifact, its innate trait is granted instead.’
- You will no longer receive a message that says you gained power balance after battle if you’re already at maximum power balance.
- The ‘Lust’ and ‘Spelltap’ traits now only grant spell gems at the start of battle.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused oases in The Barrens to not give players any rewards.
- Fixed a bug that prevented traits from the ‘Priest’ race from being able to activate at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some combinations of creatures from appearing on the breeding menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tartarith to give players the wrong rune when purchasing the Xil Rune.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Guiding Light’ perk that caused it to activate at the wrong time.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Eye of the Storm’ trait that prevented it from working properly.
- Fixed a few issues that could cause players to receive duplicate breeding recipes.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain debuff immunity effects to also apply to buffs.
- Fixed a freeze related to the ‘Spelltap’ trait.
- Fixed a crash related to the ‘Snuff’ trait.
- Fixed a bug with the ‘Flesh Wound’ trait that caused the creature to gain far more benefit from barriers than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused creatures to display the wrong overworld sprite after transforming due to the ‘Starvation’ punishment.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to gain immunity to certain debuffs even in story boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that caused far more items to drop from certain sources than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused spells on/when hit to activate from all kinds of different effects other than attacking.
- Fixed a bug that caused the incorrect icons to appear in the Compendium of Sigils at the library.
- Fixed several crashes that could occur in the castle, particularly early on in the game.
- Fixed a stack overflow error that would occur when your save file exceeded 1 MB in size.