Time for another patch!
To start things off, the ‘Claustrophobia’ and ‘Overwhelming’ punishments have been removed from the game. These didn’t turn out quite as expected - for example, ‘Overwhelming’ realms tend to just be one giant room, which isn’t particularly interesting at all.
These punishments have been replaced with two new ones which you can find more about in the patch notes below. These punishments are intended to change the way players think about the game, and should open up a lot of new party compositions and builds.
WARNING: If you have the ‘Claustrophobia’ or ‘Overwhelming’ punishments enabled prior to patching the game, their replacement punishment will be enabled after you patch the game. Remember to toggle these off if you don’t want to use them!
Aside from the punishment replacements, several spells have also been changed. While only a few spells had their core functionality changed, many others had their pool of possible properties changed. The most significant goal for these changes, of course, is to ensure that players can’t build an “infinite team” - or a team that can reach any realm depth regardless of their level. Most notably, the ‘Snowstorm’ spell has been changed entirely to prevent such abuse.
- Replaced the ‘Claustrophobia’ punishment with ‘Amnesia’: At the start of every battle, creatures are placed on the Action Queue randomly in alternating order of enemy, ally, enemy, ally, and so on.
- Replaced the ‘Overwhelming’ punishment with ‘Nostalgia’: You cannot have more than 3 creatures in your party, nor can your enemies. This punishment is ignored in story battles.
- ‘Chaos Orbs’ spell reworked: Target’s spells are sealed for the rest of the battle.
- ‘Dark Ritual’ spell changed: Target ally is killed, and the caster gains 50% of its Attack and Speed.
- ‘Death Siphon’ spell changed: Target ally is killed, and the caster gains 50% of its Current and Maximum Health.
- ‘Graft Bone’ spell changed: Target ally takes a moderate amount of damage and gains Defense equal to 200% of the damage taken.
- ‘Judgment’ spell reworked: Enemies are killed if they are dying.
- ‘Mana Leak’ spell changed: Enemies lose 20 Mana.
- ‘Nature’s Blessing’ spell changed: Your creatures’ buffs gain 3 turns of duration.
- ‘Snowstorm’ spell reworked: Enemies take a large amount of damage and have a 30% chance to be afflicted with Frozen.
- ‘Sudden Death’ spell changed: Target is killed, and enemies take damage equal to 25% of its Current Health.
- The following spells have had their lists of possible properties changed. These changes will only affect new gems that you find: Acid Rain, Affliction, Blistering Radiance, Blood Shield, Breath of Life, Chaos Channeling, Dark Enchantment, Devour, Divinity, Equality, Finger of Death, Fist of Heavens, Guardian Force, Haste, Holy Armor, Humility, Icebolt, Lionheart, Panic Attack, Planets, Purgatory, Rabid Dementia, Sacred Ground, Snowstorm, True Light, Volcano.
- You can no longer target the caster with the ‘Sudden Death’, ‘Reincarnation’, ‘Death Siphon’, and ‘Dark Ritual’ spells.
- There is now a limit to the amount of Gene Strength an egg can gain through breeding. The current limit is 200% of your character’s level. This limit can be adjusted as needed later on. In other words, relax - this is experimental.
- You can now sort Artifacts and Spell Gems by ‘Unlocked’.
- Artifact Realms are now the same size as normal realms, but still spawn fewer objects.
- The breeding interface will now remember your parent choices rather than sending you back to the top of the list when you cancel the breeding process.
- The Divine Candle interface now displays a warning when players try to create charms for creatures they cannot extract from.
- The ‘Disposability’ trait should now work as expected.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented certain achievements from unlocking.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Grimoire-specific spells from being added to the library.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to target their own invisible creatures.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some on-death effects from occurring.
- Fixed a bug that caused your highest level creature to sometimes receive far more experience points than intended.
- Fixed several bugs related to battles where certain interactions would not occur as expected.