This patch switches the game back to the old compiler… again. I’ve spent at least 30-35 hours trying to get all the crashes ironed out with the new compiler, but it’s pretty much impossible for me to do this without any crash logs or anything at all. This is something the GameMaker developers are going to need to address, so until then, I am going to go back to developing the game and adding content as normal.
There are a few players who experience poor game performance without the new compiler. The easiest solution to this problem is to keep your inventory relatively clean - grind your spell gems, salvage your artifacts, etc. The game can handle a pretty huge inventory, but some of you have tens of thousands of items, so that’s going to cause your game to slow down after a while. I’m also going to add a loot filter this week that allows you to disable certain items from dropping if you want.
I’m very sorry for the lack of updates these last 3-4 days - I did not expect to run into so many issues with the new compiler, but it is apparent that not too many people make a game of this size using GameMaker, so I’ve uncovered a lot of issues with the engine that no one else has likely seen before.