Siralim 3 - Patch 0.5.7 released!

• ADD: You’ll now receive a warning if you try to leave an Itherian Realm’s boss room before you upgrade your Talismans.
  • CHANGE: Defense is roughly 30% more potent now.
  • CHANGE: Damage formula has been rebalanced. Along with the changes made to Defense, damage will likely be the same as always, but now all calculations and damage values should make a lot more sense to players. For example, many effects previously appeared to deal 50% less damage than expected. Let me know what you think!
  • CHANGE: Map of Farsight now creates a “soft” fog of war that you can see through, but allows you to determine where you have or haven’t been.
  • FIX: Display issue that caused floating text to appear in the wrong area after a player’s summoned creatures died.
  • FIX: “Absolution” trait had a lot of extra, unintended effects.
  • FIX: Singular creatures weren’t being displayed correctly on the experience gain interface.
  • FIX: New class icons weren’t showing up in certain interfaces.
  • FIX: “False Prophet” trait was damaging the wrong creature.
  • FIX: Players were informed that Saia was sent to the stable when changing their class or resetting their Deity Points even if they weren’t Death Mages.

Creatures are healing for roughly 75% (Zephyr) of the value they had in 0.5.6 - unsure if that was intended. Is defense somehow factoring into that?
Other healing spells are doing more healing (Minor Healing, Healing) than they did in 0.5.6
Burn/Poison are doing 30% of stat value now
Abnegation is doing the appropriate 20%

Defense feels better. Spells are definitely doing less on heavily defended creatures. My own creatures with less defense feel squishier (which they should!).

I really, really appreciate this change. Thanks alot! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Psylisa, post:2, topic:4427”]Creatures are healing for roughly 75% (Zephyr) of the value they had in 0.5.6 - unsure if that was intended. Is defense somehow factoring into that?
Other healing spells are doing more healing (Minor Healing, Healing) than they did in 0.5.6

Defense feels better. Spells are definitely doing less on heavily defended creatures. My own creatures with less defense feel squishier (which they should!).[/quote]

The healing change is intended - I forgot to document that specifically, but to answer your question: no, Defense doesn’t factor into it.

[quote=“Zack, post:4, topic:4427”]

[quote=“Psylisa, post:2, topic:4427”]Creatures are healing for roughly 75% (Zephyr) of the value they had in 0.5.6 - unsure if that was intended. Is defense somehow factoring into that?

Defense feels better. Spells are definitely doing less on heavily defended creatures. My own creatures with less defense feel squishier (which they should!).[/quote]

The healing change is intended - I forgot to document that specifically, but to answer your question: no, Defense doesn’t factor into it.[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation!

On the subject of Zephyr specifically - is the Health% cost supposed to be so high on it? I get a 37-49(!) Health% cost for the spell, however similar costing mana spells are in the 20% range.
Other healing spells fall in line with other similar mana cost spells when using the Health% property.