- NOTE: I’ve been busy re-working a lot of the internals of the battle system. You won’t notice a lot on your end, but there will be fewer bugs, crashes, and inconsistencies. In the short term, this might actually introduce some new crashes, but those can be fixed very easily. I’m not 100% done with this re-work yet, so more updates like this one will come soon.
- ADD: When a creature has reached its maximum number of attacks or casts per turn, information about that is now displayed in the battle log.
- CHANGE: When you unlock the Arcane Vault, Zonte will now give you some Dust so you can start using it immediately.
- CHANGE: Mini-bosses (such as the ones found in temples in Meraxis’ realm or quicksand in Yseros’ realm) now have extra health to make them feel more mini-boss-like.
- CHANGE: Enemy difficulty bonuses are no longer applied to god rewards and prophecy rewards.
- CHANGE: You will no longer receive enemy difficulty bonuses while the Heart of Darkness is active and you can defeat the enemies by running into them.
- FIX: Limit of 15 attacks and 15 casts per turn was sometimes not working correctly which caused a lot of traits to sometimes not activate at all. The “Charge” trait is one example.
- FIX: “Humility” spell didn’t work.
- FIX: “Envy” trait copied stats with bonuses applied, resulting in much higher-than-intended gains.
- FIX: “Gambler’s Fortune” talisman was giving double the intended bonus if you snapped the dwarf’s arm off.
- FIX: Added a safety check when the game is started that releases all keyboard/mouse input. Hopefully, this will solve a problem a couple people have reported where the game seems to think the “up” key is held down when it’s really not.
- FIX: Rare crash in spell gem equipping menu.
- FIX: Room associated with the “Nether Miser” achievement could never spawn.
- FIX: Library book “Guide: Creatures” still said that you only needed to kill one Itherian Creature to receive Rank S knowledge with it.
Thanks a lot, Zack.
I imagine that re-working old combat code isn’t the most fun thing in the world. As always, your work is greatly appreciated.
I like the transparent way of your patch releases to show us deep info about every detail of them. Thanks alot!