Siralim Ultimate – Dev Blog: Fusion and Other Things

http://www.thylacinestudios.com/siralim-ultimate-dev-blog-fusion-and-other-things/

Fussing seems to open up a ton of interesting team-building options. Should be a lot of fun.

I really like the idea of encountering Fused enemies in the Realms. However, there is clearly some concern about having to do too much inspection in order to figure out what you are facing. Having to inspect in a tough fight is fine (like the fight at the end of a Sigil Realm), but it might get old if every fight had unpredictable fusion.

I often find that I have teams that struggle against certain types of enemy traits and so I need to slow down and take a fight carefully when I see a certain type of enemy that my be dangerous if I fight it on auto-pilot. Currently, in Siralim 3, I can identify by image whether an enemy might warrant caution.

One possible idea would be to have Realms where (say) every enemy is Fused with a random Angel (or a random Djinn, or whatever). This provides interesting fights against Fused creatures while also giving the player a general sense of what they might be facing. (Maybe for a given team, enemies fused with Giants aren’t that dangerous, but events fused with Wights warrant caution.)

That’s a really good idea. I have the same concern, but figured we’ll see how it pans out first and adjust from there. If it turns out to be too overwhelming (I think it will be), your idea is the next one I’ll probably try. Thanks!

So, if I understand this correctly. Every creature is now a Siralim 1 Nether. Seems pretty broke from the get go.

Don’t get me wrong I completely agree with everything you wrote about the old breeding system. I like this new fusing idea (pretty sure I suggested a similar system a while back). I just am very skeptical about the ability to make broken teams basically from the start with this system.

I suggest the second trait becomes unlocked after lengthy leveling up and or other ways to unlock it that are meaningful and fun. Just giving it away at the beginning feels…hollow.

Regarding the Menagerie, I love it and hope you expand upon it. Im all for cosmetic types of unlocks like this. More more more.