The update will show up for Humble Bundle customers, Android users, and iOS users whenever it’s approved by the respective companies.
- Enemies now scale by your creatures’ experience points rather than level.
- The strength of enemy Nether Creatures now scales based on your character level.
- They should be much easier at lower levels, and much more difficult at higher levels.
- You can now hold down the E key (PC/Mac) or A button (Android/iOS) in battle to quickly cycle through battle messages.
- Updated graphics for more NPCs.
- Gem Boxes have been recolored to look more consistent with the rest of the game.
- Changed the name of several Royalty Point bonuses to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- The smooth font is now the default font.
- IMPORTANT: Your creatures can now benefit from multiple copies of the same ability. If not, it will now say so in its ability description.
- Example: Gust Aura gives all your creatures a 15% chance to dodge attacks. If you have two creatures with Gust Aura, the game will now give your creatures a 15% chance to dodge an attack, and if that fails, it will give your creatures another 15% chance to dodge the attack.
- However, you cannot stack abilities by giving a creature an artifact that grants the same ability as its innate ability.
- Reworked several abilities. Many received simple numerical tweaks, so only abilities that were reworked are included in these patch notes.
- Amalgamation: At the start of this creature’s turn, your creatures lose 25% of a random stat and gain 40% of a random stat.
- Amplify: Name changed to Electroheart. After dying, afflict enemies with Stagger and Stun for 2 turns.
- Apostle of Water: Now also heals a creature for 20% health when it is attacked by a Life creature.
- Breath of the Tundra: When this creature dies, enemies are Frozen.
- Burn It Down: Name changed to Smolder. After attacking, afflict target with Wane.
- Clemency: After successfully extracting from a target, afflict it with Dying.
- Cradle to the Grave: Now moves to a random position on the Action Queue on resurrection, rather than always being at the top.
- Crawl Through Knives: Ability cannot kill creatures anymore. This is a temporary fix to prevent a crash before we overhaul the battle engine in the next update.
- Darkness Fate: Name changed to Hungering. After this creature attacks, each of your Bats deal damage equal to 20% of their Attack to the same target.
- Disciple of War: Now also heals a creature for 20% health when it is attacked by a Death creature.
- Frostfire Embodiment: Your creatures have additional Attack equal to the amount of health they’re missing.
- Glaive of Balance: Name changed to Heartseeker. When attacking an enemy that is defending or provoking, 50% chance (25% if Nether Creature) to kill it.
- Icy Tomb: After an enemy defends or provokes, 50% chance to become Frozen.
- Impenetrable Carapace: Enemies deal damage to this creature as if they have 60% less Attack.
- Incantation: Creature deals more damage equal to your Power Balance.
- Intensify: Name changed to Stricken. After attacking, afflict target with Cripple.
- Intimidation: Your creatures have 10% more Attack, Defense, Luck, Speed, and Maximum Health for each battle won in the current Realm.
- Mechanical Illusion: After being attacked, afflict enemy with Calm for 3 turns.
- Misanthropy: Enemies always have Wrath.
- Nature’s Blessing: Now also grants Mend to all of your creatures.
- Planar Conversion: Name changed to Enervation. After attacking, afflict target with Sap for 3 turns.
- Preacher of Stone: Now also heals a creature for 20% health when it is attacked by a Sorcery creature.
- Prelude to Exctinction: This creature and all your creatures surrounding it always have Multistrike.
- Proliferation: Name changed to Revulsion. Before attacking, gain 100% Attack for each creature that died since its last turn.
- Resurrection Code: Now also activates if the creature with this ability is the last creature alive.
- Sacrimony: When an enemy dies, your creatures gain 30% Attack.
- Shepherd of Fire: Now also heals a creature for 20% health when it is attacked by a Chaos creature.
- Sleep Paralysis: Name changed to Bad Dreams. After attacking, afflict target with Sleep. If target already has Sleep, deal 300% more damage to it instead.
- Styx Cry: Your creatures take only 1 damage from attacks if they’re at 100% health.
- Undone: Your creatures have additional Defense equal to the amount of health they’re missing.
- Zealot of the Forest: Now also heals a creature for 20% health when it is attacked by a Nature creature.
- Enemies in low realm levels (1-6) now spawn with fewer spells, and enemies at realm level 1 spawn with no spells at all.
- Class weakness bonus damage is now much more significant.
- Increased the amount of Defense gained when a creature is defending.
- New Debuff, Calm: Creature cannot attack.
- New Debuff, Cripple: Creature loses 25% Defense each turn.
- New Debuff, Sap: Creature loses 35% Attack each turn.
- New Debuff, Wrath: Creature cannot defend or provoke.
- New Debuff, Wane: Creature loses 15% Maximum Health each turn.
- Berserk creatures can now die from the damage taken from recoil.
- Added 6 new legendary crafting materials to correspond with Shapeshifter abilities.
- Added 5 new rare crafting materials to correspond with the new debuffs.
- Added 5 new artifact properties to correspond with the new debuffs.
- Significantly increased the amount of Power gained from exchanging a gem with Eyn the Power Dwarf.
- Battle messages have been revamped.
- They are now more descriptive and flavorful.
- They now show the duration of buffs/debuffs.
- Messages have been added for certain abilities that did not have one before.
- Ability descriptions now display the number of turns and stacks that a buff/debuff lasts if the duration is not infinite.
- Clarified several ability descriptions.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when enchanting gems that was introduced in the latest patch.
- Touch controls should now always show properly at the title screen.
- Traveling merchants will now appear on the map.
- Fixed lag that could occur while walking around in Realms that was introduced with the most recent update.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Shorter Rituals” perk to continue applying to your rituals each time a saved game was loaded.
- Fixed a lockup that could occur for players who unlocked a new creature tier using a legacy save file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when facing an enemy Troll King.
- Fixed a bug with the Psychopath perk that caused artifacts to apply debuffs even if the artifact didn’t have the right property.
- Fixed a crash that would occur with the Dryad Raincaller’s “Stormcall” ability.
- Fixed a bug that caused the buff shrine effect to not grant buffs.
- Fixed a bug with the “Everything’s Gone” ability that caused some creatures’ abilities to counteract the effect at the start of battle.
- Fixed a bug with the “Jailbreak” ability that caused it to sometimes give far more benefit than intended.
- Fixed a bug with the “Garrote” ability that caused it to never activate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented arena rewards from being displayed.
- Fixed an inventory display issue with Pills.
- Fixed a bug with the Sleep debuff that caused abilities and artifact effects that applied Sleep to instantly wake the target creature up.
- Fixed a bug with the “Lucid Dreams” ability that sometimes allowed affected creatures to wake up.
- Fixed a crash that occured on iOS devices when the “Restore IAP” option was used.
- Fixed a graphical display issue on the iPhone 6.