Some concerns about the Skin/fleshwarper coin DLCs

First I would like to thank the devs for this awesome game and that awesome expansion. Thanks for not locking it in behind a paywall. As much as I would love to support the recent DLCs, I got a huge concern about it. I know that time and effort are put in to it and money is needed to cover the cost of Siralim 2’s ongoing development but other people might be thinking that DLCs totalling to almost the same price as the base game that only contains cosmetic DLCs. What I would suggest the devs would do is to repackage this DLC. People might be more willing to give out if the DLC is labelled as an option to support the devs and the ongoing development of patches/contents for Siralim 2 (similar to thea devs coffee money) and getting the skins/fleshwarper coins in return. I think that the $9.99 for the skin is ok but the $4+ for the fleshwarper coin is too much. It would have been nice if the two is bundled together at $10 or the fleshwarper coin price be reduced to something more reasonable. Outright selling these DLCs as they are instead of labelling them as bonuses for supporting the devs might discourage people from buying the game especially when they see a long list of DLCs under the DLC tab on the steam store page.

As of the moment the only thing that is stopping me from purchasing the DLC packs to support the devs is the upcoming release of the ps4 version or spending that much money on another copy of the game instead so I can give them to one of my friends and convert them to the cult. Anyways thank you so much guys and I will be returning to Siralim 2 since I need to take a break after completing the Alolan Pokedex and waiting for the Pokebank.

Why would you buy them together? Fleshwarper coins are useless when you have infinite skins.

I never really get the DLCs. So the skin one provides you with a skin of each one available plus you can replenish skins used by reloading the game while the other makes you work for the coins to buy them but at an increased rate of finding them? If that is the case then I am leaning towards getting the fleshwarper only then. Personally I would have preferred the option to get both along with an option in a game save to activate one or the other. But my point about the way of the DLCs being presented still stands and it might turn off some people that are uninformed that would see cosmetics being sold to a price close to the full price of the game.

I see where you’re coming from, OP.

My bigger concern is that the Fleshwarper pedestal thing is very in-your-face as soon as you start the game. Might give brand new players the false impression that this game is full of cosmetic cash-grabs. Maybe it should be automatically unlocked later (after the story, even?), or just be placed in a different room (blacksmith’s?).

Realistically though I don’t have any problems with the DLC.

I just started a new playthrough since I haven’t played in a few months, so I haven’t gotten any Fleshwarper coins yet. If the cosmetics seem worthwhile I wouldn’t hesitate to support the devs for this awesome game, even if the DLC isn’t realistically worth 4.99/9.99$.

[quote=“PeregrinTook, post:4, topic:2954”]I see where you’re coming from, OP.

My bigger concern is that the Fleshwarper pedestal thing is very in-your-face as soon as you start the game. Might give brand new players the false impression that this game is full of cosmetic cash-grabs. Maybe it should be automatically unlocked later (after the story, even?), or just be placed in a different room (blacksmith’s?).

Realistically though I don’t have any problems with the DLC.

I just started a new playthrough since I haven’t played in a few months, so I haven’t gotten any Fleshwarper coins yet. If the cosmetics seem worthwhile I wouldn’t hesitate to support the devs for this awesome game, even if the DLC isn’t realistically worth 4.99/9.99$.[/quote]

The fact that they released an expansion with a lot of content for free is already reason enough for me to support them. Heck for the asking price the game is already filled to the brim and constantly patched. I might have a closer look at the skins. Me shelling out some extra cash to support the devs is not a matter of if but a matter of when. I do agree that even if the pedestal is not tucked away somewhere not in you face, that the option to purchase the DLCs should not be on the interaction menu of the pedestal but rather behind the scenes like how other DLCs are. At least it wouldn’t seem like we have to fork out some money just to get the fleshwarper coins.

I don’t think it’s a problem.

So in the description it says there are two options to up drop rates or unlock everything right away.

It’s very clear to me that there are some fun cosmetic options that could be unlocked in game without cash which makes me strive for “yet one more thing to unlock”.

With that said I havn’t seen a coin drop yet, and don’t think realm level has anything to do with drop rates.