Spells granted by traits not selectable in macros

1. What platform are you playing the game on?
  • Windows 10
  1. What game version are you playing? Please don’t say “the latest”! Your version number can be found on the title screen at the bottom left corner.
  1. Please describe in as much detail as possible how to reproduce the bug/crash, or what you were doing when the issue occurred. If there was a crash, please copy and paste the full crash log, but note that we’ll need more information outside of just a crash log in order to figure out what the problem is.
  • I’m using a Narklin Ophan with the Mantra Trait (Your creatures can cast Major Healing and it costs 0 Mana) but I don’t have the Major healing spell gem so I’m unable to include the spell in my macros.

I’m not sure if this is necessarily a bug or if it can even be fixed with the way the system is currently set up, but when building a team around a spell granted by a trait it would help tremendously to be able to include them in macros.

You can include Major Healing in your macros. Do you mean that it isn’t casting the spell when you use the “Macro” command? Can you tell me the full macro line?

I think the issue is that I don’t have the spell gem, if I had it I’m sure it would appear on the list, but because I’m getting the spell from a trait the system isn’t adding it to my macro’s “cast…” options.

for example if I try this macro set-up the spell isn’t on the list:
If this creature; has < 30 mana; cast…; cast Major Healing

I’ve tried a bunch of other macro commands, I think the macro “cast…” only lists spell gems I own, so I can’t add Major Healing to my macros despite having the ability to cast it.

I just tested it with the Imp Hexer’s Trait, Earthen Attunement, which allows your creatures to cast Shellbust for 0 mana and I’m running into the same issue. Again, I don’t have the gem and again, I’m unable to cast the spell with a macro.

From what I can tell you must have the spell gem in order for it to appear on the macro “cast…” list. Perhaps you could:
a. Add the spell to the macro “cast…” options if you own a creature/artifact with a trait that grants the spell.
b. Add all the spells which can be granted by traits to the macro “cast…” list by default. This includes Major healing, Shellbust, Murder of Crows, and Chaos Bolt… There may be more but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head…

Adding a solution to this in tomorrow’s patch, thanks!

Just tested it out, works perfectly, keep up the good work!

There seems to still be a bug in trying to macro the Major Healing spell granted by the trait. Only difference is I’m being granted this spell via Matra trait granted by an artifact item.

I am having the same bug. Spells granted by traits dont seem to show up in the macros