Steam Error: App Already Running

Been playing since Steam launch but recent update seemed to break the game for me.

Trying to open the game and nothing happens. Trying again gives a steam error that the game is already running. Siralim.exe just sits in processes tab but the actual game never opens. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Also verified game cache and that didn’t help either. Is this a bug? I love this game and really don’t want to lose my progress or quit the game…

edit: running everything as admin makes no difference

Could you please try restarting your computer and see if that solves the problem?

Restarted twice now. First time normally, second time I uninstalled, restarted and then reinstalled. Still no go :frowning:

Can you try disabling the Steam overlay and see if that allows you to start the game? That’s what Google suggests; unfortunately (or fortunately?) it doesn’t seem to be something on the coding end of Siralim itself.

I was able to get it to work by closing out of steam, finding the Siralim.exe and directly running as admin. This launched steam and opened the game properly. Thanks for the help!