Stronghold Gated behind Exalted Gonfurian

I was surprised to see this.

Stronghold is one of the better early game creatures that greatly helps early game survivability, but now it’s gated behind Gonfurian (the last God you unlock in the story) and requires Exalted reputation. Stronghold has always been a creature that was good early on, then drops off as you level.

By the time you unlock the creature, it hardly seems useful.

disagree. you have so much choices that come instead of a stronhold that only thing you can really do is just to sac it for auto-provoke, so you can, for example, have a dedicated extracter creature that not just looses its turn but provokes as well. as is stronghold is pretty bad. rather get some aspect you can get early with manual provoke but amazing effects (50% dodge, + either cast snowstorm on dodge/or provide grace by presenting in the party or attack back - many options). so i see nothing horrible in it being gated behind god’s level/emblem cost. its actually fun to toss its catalyst in nether, nothing more

and not to mention in s2 stronghold was only good to utilize on provoke gems/having horrible stats otherwise. and here you have a rune too that makes your creature with taunt auto-provoke. so idk why you really post it :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Visio, post:2, topic:4179”]disagree. you have so much choices that come instead of a stronhold that only thing you can really do is just to sac it for auto-provoke, so you can, for example, have a dedicated extracter creature that not just looses its turn but provokes as well. as is stronghold is pretty bad. rather get some aspect you can get early with manual provoke but amazing effects (50% dodge, + either cast snowstorm on dodge/or provide grace by presenting in the party or attack back - many options). so i see nothing horrible in it being gated behind god’s level/emblem cost. its actually fun to toss its catalyst in nether, nothing more

and not to mention in s2 stronghold was only good to utilize on provoke gems/having horrible stats otherwise. and here you have a rune too that makes your creature with taunt auto-provoke. so idk why you really post it :P[/quote]
You… disagree, then write about how you agree that it’s terrible late game?
I don’t understand.