I love the artifact system being able to equip creatures and give cool bonuses, I am starting to nitpick a bit with how they could really be improved on.
Right now what it seems to really lack is element of surprise / diversity or the feel of it being special. I will try and explain on this.
Artifacts are very set with your characters current level when it comes to Primary and Secondary stats. When you collect enough and play around you notice a pattern and suddenly what I once thought was very cool and special suddenly isn’t so much.
I personally feel the set in stone stat’s that are generated such as primary always having the same amount of a stat (attack, all defense, hitpoints etc.) when say you find 2 weapon artifacts at the same character level; this after awhile feels kind of bland.
The secondary stats also become bland as you can always control what you want on it plus always going after max rolls. I don’t know why but it saddens me after realizing this, hunting for new artifacts really felt it lost its purpose.
Finding an artifact at character level 10 weapon with primary stats 30 attack , 34 speed (secondary whatever you want)
Secondary can always roll to updated character level so when you find an artifact weapon at lv 70 Primary is like 75 attack , 81 speed (secondary is again whatever you want) The only thing that slightly changes is Primary stats are higher.
However Primary stats are set in stone it seems per character level and I feel artifacts can be SO much more interesting to well keep us loot hunters excited lol. The recent Nether orb addition is fantastic to hear! So now I would like to try and give an idea to promote Artifacts as being equally awesome to hunt for.
Introducing: Unique / Legendary Artifacts (whichever sounds better lol)
- When a Unique artifact is found its is Unidentified
- To Identify requires a special person whom you would need to find randomly in the realm and recruit to castle (basically like Emblem guy lol)
- Requires a Ritual + resources to begin the identification.
- Once Identified after ritual is completed they spawn with 3-5 Primary Stats (however many feels appropriate)
- The stats spawn power is also based around character level however they are not fixed to specific numbers and they are also much better in comparison to basic artifact primary rolls. They also increase per level gain for direct stat types.
- The item always starts at level 1
- Requires more kills to level up
- When it levels up gains a new Secondary slot, to fill these slots require you to speak to (identifier person) Requires X amount materials (any mats) + Resources and begins a Ritual to fill new slot with RANDOM new stat, ability etc.
- Example level 2 slot requires 10 (any) materials + 3000 Resources (whichever ones feel appropriate by Devs to use)
- These randomly generated slots give much higher bonuses on average than regular artifacts.
- Able to add one legendary craftable (Legend craft gets added to Primary rather than Secondary)
- Unable to re-roll stats, Un-able to remove stats (it’s suppose to be unique, not become what everything else is)
- Each level up requires more materials + resources and another ritual to fill new slots. Gets more expensive higher the level.
- Example level 3 slot now requires 15 materials (any) + 5000 Resources + longer ritual
- When found they also have 0/1 Slots used. You must begin the slot rituals to even get the 1st extra bonus.
- When filling in a new secondary slot, the (power / strength) of this new stat / ability will scale with character level.
- Example if you found it at lv 50 and at 51 you fill in a new slot, it will be at a lv 51 level.
- This is to help with the scaling and to not make it obsolete to normal artifacts that can re-roll and update.
- Also note when new uniques are found at higher levels their primary can be much better than a lower level unique found.
- Same as how basic artifacts works when it comes to having better primary the higher the level.
- Ultra Rare to find of course
- Able to re-name your Unique / Legendary artifact by the same person who Identifies for resources (cost)
- possibly use many cool randomized generated art for when you find unique artifact. (weapon, shield, armor etc)
- Imagine you find a sword type unique and it generates to look like a saber or a flame sword
Some examples of say lv 3 uniques all found at character level 50.
(Unique 1) (Unique 2) (Unique 3)
Primary Stats Primary Stats Primary Stats
Attack: 103 Attack: 112 Attack: 132
All Defense: 72 All Defense: 71 All Defense: 92
Spell Power Bonus: 18 Spell Power Bonus: 23 Spell Power Bonus: 25
Speed: 123 Speed: 101 Speed: 130
Secondary Stats Secondary Stats Secondary Stats
Granite Bonus: 48% Granite Bonus: 61% Granite Bonus: 41%
Attack Bonus: 25% Attack Bonus: 21% Attack Bonus: 28%
Speed: 285 Speed: 234 Speed: 256
This is just showing what I mean with primary stats are not set in stone such as basic artifacts are.
Also secondary is just showing different amounts and these stats can not be erased or re-rolled.
A more realistic view would be like this
example 2 uniques found with a level 50 character, both are lv 1 now and stats are.
(Unique 1) (Unique 2)
Primary Stats Primary Stats
Attack: 154 Speed: 128
Nature Defense: 390 Spell Power Bonus: 28
All Defense: 102 Speed: 108
Brimstone Bonus: 61% Death Defense: 412
Direct stats + defenses should increase as item levels (primary only), but special bonuses should remain what they began at.
Thats a bunch of ways I thought of how it could be done. I would like the current artifacts you find now to stay the same so people who enjoy having full control still gets to have that fun. This is an alternative and neat idea for people like me who would rather an artifact feel much more personal. What does everyone else think? I personally think this would be Bad frikkin A** and really exciting! lol