Suggestions, Thoughts and long rambling.

First I would like to preface this by saying that almost all of the time I have played this game was on 1.05, with a little time on 1.01. Anything that has been resolved since then will probably not be accurately represented in this post. I have also only played enough so far to get about 3 chars up to level 30 ish and on up to about 40, so take anything said as someone relatively new to the game.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game, and want to make it VERY clear now before you read any farther that I have enjoyed my time with it and will continue to spend a fair bit more time in the game. My tearing the game systems apart the way I do is much more a statement of myself and how I approach things than any sort of dislike of the game. Any criticism in this post is intended to be entirely constructive. Like any game there have been things that made me salty, like any good game there have been things that pulled me back into it repeatedly regardless.

Prepare for a wall of text. Some of this should probably be in balance, some of it might belong in bugs, but I am leaving it here because I feel that the general tone better fits in suggestions. Let me know if I should properly make a new topic somewhere else for anything covered here.

Spells

Some spells need to be made MUCH rarer for enemies. I have rage quit playing twice because of a combination with a DOOM on all/almost all of my creatures and either stun or confusion. I would be fine with single target spells with doom and such, but multi target needs to be much farther in than level 1-3.

There should be a limit to how quickly enemies cast spells. Mages and bosses would be an exception obviously, but random mobs shouldn’t be casting all targeting spells 3-4 times in a row so often. If I were doing something about it I would have them have a random wait before they can cast the next spell between 1 and 5 of their units acting before the next spell can go down. This would also help with the previous statement about stacking stat effects with all targets, since I would have a chance to act somewhat. This would also have the benefit of making the enemies cast spells more consistently throughout the combat even with the same total number of spells cast. Most of the time enemies seem to lay down all their spell firepower at the start then maybe one spell the rest of the combat.

Another method to deal with spells would be the classic declare the spell is being cast and it takes effect at the start of that mobs next round. If you were to do this I would make it only effect spells that target an enemy, so that heal spells and buffs still have the last minute save feel. Not a particular fan of this solution but it does take care of the “surprise your screwed” factor.

Something that would draw me into using spells a little more often would be if the weaker ones had significantly higher charges. Minor heal with one charge doesn’t seem worth finding and putting in the spellbook and then not using because it is my only charge on it. If the weaker spells or single target versions of spells had a higher tendency to have much higher charges, say 10 or 12 then they would be more worth using. It would also give a reason to use lower spells even when you have higher ones available. Do I want 10 charges of minor heal or 3 of major?

I would like to see spells somewhat more limited at the start, not in quantity but in variety. I have found myself mostly ignoring my spells because there are so many different ones that it just isn’t worth it to stop the fun part (exploring/fighting) to read two pages of spells and find which one is worth having in my spellbook so that i can use it a few times. The spell system itself isn’t bad but the content gating needs to be a bit more aggressive at the start.

The last thing I would like to say about spells is that the current system does make for some fun and interesting battles, but it also has a chance to completely screw a new player (it got me a fair number of times) just by front loading it too heavily. Group spells should show up in later levels so that it ramps up the difficulty as you go down. My main complaint is mostly based off why I gave up my second character (sorc to start incase anyone cares).

Story Time
I got up to the quest for the Power Spell Ritual and I started to get rolled HARD. Some of it was enemies having effects from artifacts, but the spells were the part that put it over the edge from hard to just feeling unfair. I got doomed on 5 of 6 creatures then confused with 4 of them including my heavy hitter. Dead. I go back in at level one and get half my team frozen by a spell before I get a turn. Not every battle ends up like this but when you can get in a situation where on level 1 you get slaughtered in every third or fourth battle it just doesn’t feel like it is worth trying to get out of it. Part of that is the resource balance for creatures I talk about elsewhere, and part of it is DEFINITELY my fault. Part of it is I made a Red Storm because I was interested in how it worked and that was dead weight on my team. Regardless the end result was that while the mobs felt difficult, I could work with that, they are somewhat a known quantity and even if I lose it feels like there could be a solution. Spells on the other hand come from left field with no warning and very little I can do about it when they hit. I have not found any spells so far the clear status conditions so far with my level 37 character let alone one that targets my entire party, so I don’t even have a reactive resource to deal with it. Little bit of salt, not going to lie.
End Story Time

Creature Abilities

My first character was a death mage, and when I saw the first creature name was Lich Priest I was expecting alot of things, but a suicide beserker wasn’t really one of them, especially with the flavor text saying things like “enjoy strength in numbers in their creatures”. While the abilities abilities that the death creatures have are generally well thought out, they don’t seem to have the flavor that the mage description implies. The two that really FEEL undead to me are the Delirious Ghoul and the Fallen Carnage, but they still don’t give the Shambling Horde feel really. This kinda sat in the back of my mind while playing, wondering “How WOULD you do something to get that feel with this format?”. It isn’t great but this is what I ended up with.

What if you had creatures with abilities that depended on there being a blank spot on the team? A Lich Priest could summon a Skeleton on attack. The Skeleton would spawn with half the Lich Priest’s hp and defenses and 3/4 it’s attack/speed/luck and Taunt for two turns. When the skeleton dies the slot is empty again, so it can’t be revived with spells or anything, you need to summon a new one. You could have a fair number of variations on it, things like “when a Skeleton dies it gets a counter attack for 200% damage” or “Skeletons get on hit and when hit effects that this creature has” as a support for the ShadowCaster. Make the Death mob theme be “How many abilities do I want the summons to have vs how many spots can I have to summon vs How many summoners do I want”. Make it a puzzle for the right formula to make a good attrition group. I would probably make it so you have only 2-3 base creatures that are summonable, Skeletons, Zombies, Ghouls maybe. Let the player pick what type of base unit they want, fast attack type, slower defensive type, or middle ground. The fast attack type might have “Haste : Takes’s it’s first turn immediately after being summoned”, Skeletons as described above as the defensive type, and the middle type have the life regen ability without the Unholy Frenzy that the Delirious Ghoul has.

Position Based Abilities. I read on the forums that the Unicorn Vivifier prefers to resurrect creatures toward the start of your party. It should have a note in it’s ability so you can take advantage of that. I would also like to see more position based abilities. A couple ideas that struck me as interesting are :
Shieldmate : 50% chance to block as though it had Taunt when a creature to either side of it are attacked
Holy Circle : Creatures to the right of this creature gain 80% defense vs Death. Creatures to the Left of this creature gain 80% damage vs Death. Effects decrease by 20% for each position away the creature is.
Phalanx : Adjacent Creatures counter attack for 30% when attacked.
Alchemist Brew : The Creature to the right gains 50% of this creatures luck and attack but loses half of all it’s defenses.
Supporting Fire : When the Creature three to the left of this one is attacked, this Creature counter attacks for 150%.
I know these could be worded more eloquently, but you get the idea.
With enough position based abilities you could have artifact effects that had things like “position effects activate as though this creature were one space to the left of where it is” and could make building and positioning you team a fun little puzzle.

Secondary Attack types. I think it would be fun to see some secondary attack commands. So you have the Servant Hunter with the bouncing glaives as a normal attack modification type, but what if you gave it a secondary attack that did 100% damage to two random creatures, so you have the option of targeting one specific creature with 100% and two for 35% (170% total damage 100% of it targetable) vs 100% to two targets but zero control on who is actually hit. This suggestion would allow some variation on your tactics inside of combat besides spells and just which targets to attack. If you were to implement this I would probably stick to variations of the ability the creature already has, like the Servant Hunter, or for creatures with on hit procs have them do less damage to have a higher % chance to pull the proc off, or maybe have a lower % chance to pull the proc but have it effect 2 creatures randomly, etc.

Multi page Ability descriptions need to have some sort of button press to rotate through the pages and a symbol to let people know there is another page. Look at Stronghold’s description and tell me it is comfortable to read. You have the same amount of time for a full “page” of text as for ONE WORD. I would imagine for slower readers or people who get distracted easily that it would be very frustrating to try to read the entire description.

Inspect should have the ability to tell me what stat effects are on the creature and what they do. I constantly find myself going “wtf is that spell/buff/debuff… Welp Maybe I will find a creature with it someday and find out” A little bit of that mystery is good for the game, but to much of it just makes the player lose interest in the buffs/debuffs going down. This is equally true for both my creatures being debuffed and their creatures buffs. Lots of effects are a strength of this game, but it needs to be more transparent to avoid the “memorize it or ignore it” feel. This would also allow for spells like Doom to be visible without having to make it spam what it is doing for each creature effected. Save the Text, won’t anybody think of the TEXT?..Yes I am aware of the hypocrisy.

I would like Inspect to work on enemies if you have gotten atleast one particle for them. I haven’t memorized all the abilities for every mob I have come across but my character DOES have that information available to him, and presumably a reason to remember it. If you threw a “Stats at level 1” or something over it instead of the particle name you could use the same format and information that I could get if I looked at the particle before heading into battle. This is particularly needed because of the fine details and recolor difference between some mobs (looking at you ghouls). By displaying the stats as though it were level 1, you get an idea of it’s proficiencies but not a full stat breakdown or anything without needing to use the spell to find out. (I haven’t used the spell yet so I don’t know how it works or what it shows, just for full disclosure.) You could also throw in some generic thing like “Follower” if it is leveled roughly in line with your weakest two creatures, and “Leader” if it is the same level or above your highest or is the highest leveled mob on the enemy team. I think that might be a little to much information though, but it is a thought.

An ability for information might be good. Something like
Scout : Displays relative toughness of enemy party.
and then have it display a bar like our party does with all the creatures on the enemy side having the bar be based off the highest max hp any of them have. So if they have a Stronghold with 400 hp and a Crypt Bat with 200 the Crypt Bat’s bar would be half full at the start.

A couple of questions.
Are on hit and when hit effects effected by luck at all for proc chance?
and
With a Mithril Jewel If a non Imling/Imler equips it does it synergize with them? Does it get the Imling/Imler’s bonuses? If you have one of each does it count as a third and break the bond? Does it just add stats to the Imling/Imler without getting anything in return?

Equipment

Artifact Effects by Type of the Base. By that I mean things like
Glaives : 50% chance to bounce for 30% damage to a random enemy on attack. Does not Proc on Hit effects.
Staffs : 5% increased chance to proc on hit and when hit effects from this artifact.
Spiked Shield : When hit 20% chance to counter attack for 60% of the damage dealt.
Talisman : 10% chance to blind an enemy on attack.
Bulwark : Increase your defense by 5% when hit.
Absorber : 15% chance to reduce damage taken by 40%.
Cross : 10% chance to evade attacks by Death Creatures.
etc.
Basically effects that are distinctly less than what good mats would give but would give a mechanically different feel to the items. Make me decide if I want an Absorber or a Bulwark if I am trying to make a good shield.

There should be a clearer description of what the effects on the procs on artifacts actually DO. I didn’t know what Gain Invisibility When Hit was actually doing for my creature until an hour or so later when I came across the Willow Spirit and got a particle from it.

Part 1/2

Part 2/2

Progression
Also known as “Should probably be posted in Balance”

You have a great mechanism already in place with the Power Balance, It is a shame it doesn’t seem to be used more actively. You could use the Power Balance for Artifact spawn rate on enemies number of enemies, level adjustments, number of spells available, etc. If you made it so that at very low Power Balance %,even when the character has 6 creatures and is a higher level, it spawns one or two less mobs in the enemy group. At higher Power Balance % it gives them a level boost (something like (Power Balance -150)/2). Bosses would be mostly exempt from Power Balance to avoid gaming the system, but general mobs could easily be more influenced by the system to artificially make a smoother difficulty curve. People with a higher skill would settle at a higher power balance and those that struggle would settle at a lower power balance and still have an auto resetting progression to challenge themselves against. You would want it to be a fairly steep curve on the extreme ends, with a fairly shallow progression in the middle I would think. You could even make a special boss appear only when someone manages to get to 200% Power Balance. Combined with a few restrictions on spells/artifacts/mob levels based on realm level and I think it could give a good feel.

Retreat should only cost Power Balance, not actual resources. You are already paying the opportunity cost of turns, usually more than one, lost resources that you might have won by sticking around, and the resources you could have gotten by the increased Power Balance had you won the fight. You shouldn’t be punished by what seems like a % of your resources for getting out of there too. This is especially true if you use the Power Balance as a more active balancing system. If you use the Power Balance to effect rewards (like it already says it does) then loss of power balance is an indirect loss of resources already, but doesn’t feel as harsh to the player.

I think the resource cost for having new creatures is a little too restrictive. For the apparent emphasis on “make a party that works” I have fallen prey the the trap of making a Red Storm and not being able to replace him for HOURS only to end up with a creature that can never catch up to him in levels so even though he isn’t great for combat he seems like he will always be better than the scrub replacement. Generally, having the ability to have about twice the number of creatures that are in your party in reserve gives me a good feeling of control over my party and what I want to do with it. You have plenty of creatures in so far for variety to support something like that. Looking at my current playthrough I have 48 creatures I have enough particles to make, but only 7 creatures made (including my quest nether orb creature) and enough power to make ONE more. I really can’t experiment with party types or anything like this. This also puts to much of the success of your party squarely on if you made the right decisions on what creatures to make while you are still learning the game.

XP Acceleration for lower level creatures. Like I said above, I can replace a sub optimal creature (about 8-9 hours into the game I finally can anyway) but I really don’t WANT to, because while my top three guys are lvl 42 my fourth creature, that I got about 6 hours ago, is still 39 and the fifth that I got about 5 hours ago is all of 36. It doesn’t appear they will ever catch up. So with a resource shortage that stops me from just making an entirely new team to level up together, and no way for them to catch up in level in any reasonable timeframe, how do I rebuild my team to try something else?

Speaking of Resources to make creatures, Having the Power requirement go up by level is frustrating. I like to plan for things that I am grinding toward, but when I am leveling while grinding the resources to make my next creature and come back to find the price is 50% higher now that just isn’t cool. Granted I was in the low 20s when that particular example happened but now I just don’t pay attention to it and just check once in a while to see if I can, rather than set it as a goal point. Sure I could probably figure out the algorithm for how much Power it takes to summon a creature at any given point while leveling, but I don’t think I should HAVE to.

The number of levels into the realm you are in doesn’t feel like it effects much so far, but that is partly because the first couple of levels are hard enough that with my sub optimal creature choice I usually don’t get much farther than 4-5 levels in. If you made the first level have a creature cap of say 4, and the third level increase that to 5 and fifth increase it to 6 then that would give a couple of distinct benefits. You would have a clear progression of difficulty as you progress deeper, atleast for the first 5 levels which would give new players a buffer zone (with resources awarded being based on the number of creatures you are fighting I don’t see an easy way to game the set up, might include a virtual Power Balance cap for the lower levels though.). It would also give you a real reason to use the ritual to skip levels on your way in if you want to avoid the easy area.

Resource Scaling is out of control. You start with resources in the hundreds and scale up from there. That leads to bloated numbers with enough digits and I honestly mistake 100000 for 10000 when trying to figure out how many resources I need to make a creature say. If you started lower at the single digit/double digit range for early battle rewards then you could let it scale at the same speed it currently is and have it be much more easily parsed and feel more meaningful. Oh I need 20 Power to make my second creature, rather than oh I need 2k. When you fairly quickly just start ignoring the last 3 digits in the menu screen, it begs the question why I should care about them either. That said, a shallower increase in resource cost by level and a decrease in rewards could give you a similar economy progression without the numbers feeling arbitrary.

To shake things up It might be fun to have the named creatures for the Duty or even just a named creature that isn’t part of the duty roaming around that is actually from the next tier of monsters above what is unlocked.

To make the realms feel more unique it might be a good idea to have the enemy choice HEAVILY influenced toward making the creatures picked align with the realm type, and decrease the instances of the opposing alignment showing up.

Misc

I would like to be able to type my Character name on char creation.

Please make the Q button progress text too. I sometimes talk to the same npc again spamming the e key trying to skip text. Vicious cycle.

When enemies drop a chest after battle you should probably default to having the character on the map facing it. You know we always open it anyways so there is no reason not to.

Should probably make a bug report on this, but when you die sometimes you have to open and close the menu again to be able to move.

In the Mage Type selection I would like to see the second monster you are given also listed.

For new players having the ability to see the creature you are given with a mage type before picking it would save time and help them make a choice that more aligns with what they want to do. I was tricked by the name Lich Priest, and never thought it would be a self sacrificing beserker type guy as an example.

Random rewards from chests sometimes contain more than one group of particles from the same monster. It would look cleaner if they were listed as a sum instead of individually. This has only happened to me once.

I would like to have access to a combat log, that way when I am hitting E to skip through text if I skip a message too quickly I can go back and see what just happened.

Please swap the menu order for Unequip and View artifacts in the Creature menu. If I hit E one to many times I would rather see what Artifact he has on rather than dig it out from my bag again to give it back.

END

Well, to the one person who manages to climb this wall of text, thanks for taking the time.

There are a lot of good supporting systems in the game, but moving goalposts and in game budget restraints or lack of transparency make alot of them either less enjoyable or outright not worth the effort to pay much attention to. But that is just my personal opinion.

Well It is almost 5 AM so I am going to leave this half edited and with probable spelling/grammar mistakes. To everyone that manages to read this entire thing, you deserve a cookie.

Thank you for putting so much time and thought into this post! There are definitely a lot of great suggestions in here, so I’ll reply to many of them in order. If I don’t touch on a particular suggestion, there’s still a pretty good chance that I wrote it down in my notes somewhere, so don’t worry about me skipping over anything or outright ignoring you.

In patch 1.0.8, enemies are now far less likely to spawn with the most powerful spells in low realm levels. Of course, no one has this patch yet since the fine people at Humble Bundle and Groupees are unbelievably slow these days. As for your other spell-related suggestions, I do think that there should be a bit of a delay between enemy spellcasting, and I think I’ll add that in the next update.

Currently, every spell that you find rolls a random number of charges between 1 and X, where X is a pre-determined number - the more powerful the spell, the smaller the number. Instead, I think I’ll change the lowerbound to something higher than 1 based on X so that lesser spells have a tendency to roll more charges. I also like the idea about slowly trickling new spells into the loot table rather than having them all be available at once. I will add that in the next patch too.

I like the ideas about Death creatures! Conversely, I am planning to add class-specific skills for each mage class, and in the case of Death Magi, I think you’ll be very pleased with the outcome. As it stands, each mage class will gain 5 new skills as you complete some new quests that will also be added. As you level up, you can modify these skills with a “talent tree” type of system. For example, a Death Mage’s first skill will be called Necromancy which allows you to raise a dead enemy or ally as a certain type of Death creature. You can later modify this skill to do all kinds of interesting things, similar to what you mentioned in your post. That way, other classes who want to use Death creatures don’t need to play a specific way, yet Death Mages can still play with this “horde” playstyle. Let me know what you think of that idea.

I really, really, really like the idea about position-based abilities. I will redesign the creature display GUI so that there are three creatures on top and three creatures on the bottom, similar to how enemies are currently stacked. That way, these position-based abilities will work whether you’re an enemy or ally. There are currently a lot of abilities that I think are boring or semi-useless, so this will be a great opportunity to replace those abilities with more interesting ones.

Yes, the automatic ability page scrolling is absolutely horrible. I don’t know what I was thinking, honestly. I’ll fix that ASAP.

I will smooth the resource curve a bit for the next patch. You’re completely right.

No, luck only affects incoming and outgoing damage. It doesn’t affect spells or artifacts. At first I thought it would be nice if it affected these things, but since luck scales with your level, it ends up being some arbitrary number that doesn’t really lend itself to making smart decisions.

Mithril Jewels (and other Imling/Imler-based materials) will still only work with Imlers and Imlings. These items were implemented only to give Imler and Imling users additional options if they want them. This will never break the bond, since the game determines if there’s a bond by seeing if there is ONLY one Imler and ONLY one Imling fighting on your side.

Long post, need sleep, read later.

Blink

[quote=“Zack, post:3, topic:175”]In patch 1.0.8, enemies are now far less likely to spawn with the most powerful spells in low realm levels. Of course, no one has this patch yet since the fine people at Humble Bundle and Groupees are unbelievably slow these days. As for your other spell-related suggestions, I do think that there should be a bit of a delay between enemy spellcasting, and I think I’ll add that in the next update.

Currently, every spell that you find rolls a random number of charges between 1 and X, where X is a pre-determined number - the more powerful the spell, the smaller the number. Instead, I think I’ll change the lowerbound to something higher than 1 based on X so that lesser spells have a tendency to roll more charges. I also like the idea about slowly trickling new spells into the loot table rather than having them all be available at once. I will add that in the next patch too.[/quote]

If there is a purge or cleanse type spell to get rid of stat effects, might I recommend it and at least one healing be front and center at the start. This would allow the player a chance to respond to stat conditions as well as potentially stock piling a couple versions of those spell before the loot pool opens up enough to make them relatively rare.

The idea sounds fun but I can’t dig into it to far since I don’t have access to it, but here are my thoughts.

The Skill/Talent Tree idea certainly sounds fun, and would be a great way to give a castable and renewable resource to the character.

If you have a Talent Tree, for the love of all that is enjoyable in games, make method to respec and don’t make it punish the player too harshly. I don’t think it should be free but a Ritual loosely based on the Spell Power Ritual where you pick how many points to undo and it scales the Plasma cost to complete the ritual based on the number of skill points you chose free up would be fair. Just watch out that the high end “Replace it all” doesn’t cost to much to be achievable. A flat cost based on level * the % of skill points being freed would probably work well and be easily adjusted for balance control.

I would imagine that the Character would be doing beefier special units with the class abilities. It would probably have more up front gimmicks or a higher base stat set than a creature summoned unit since you are investing more into it.

A dead ENEMY? That has some interesting characteristics that could be used for some fun summons. Leave it in their slot and have it be a 1 hp creature with a 80% chance confusion on it and high attack/luck. Corpse Explosion, detonate the dead like he had Hellmouth’s ability, maybe at 25% max hp though? If you had more positionally based attacks you could have the enemy summon have some “Push” or “Pull” effects on it to help group up or space out the enemies.

I think there would be room for both systems in combat, making a specialty bruiser with the mage skills and the steady horde of distinctly weaker than normal creatures but renewable from creature abilities. You could even have them synergize with a talent that overwrites the summoned mob of a summoner creature with your version for a number of summons.

To be clear, I wasn’t saying all Death should be focused on that, just a different sub group that synergizes with each other in a little different way than say the Diabolic Horde does. With good support between the skills and the mage talents you could have the Death creatures be fairly splashable, but still really shine when set up under a Death mage.

I am inferring a worry about making the Death creatures abilities have summons would impact their viability with other group types. Here are my thoughts on that.

If you had it take a creature slot (which I am a fan of) then it should be strong enough to justify that slot. This would be little different than say having an Imler that has Taunt and and Imling that has Ressurect the Imler if it is dead on attack. Yes you need to dedicate two slots to it, but the opportunity cost can be worth it even if you don’t have a full build for them.

For each ability you throw into the stack that buffs the summons, you are paying an opportunity cost. If you have an equipment on a creature to add to summons you don’t have a defensive ability or stats or on offensive proc in that slot, for each creature supporting it you lose the potential for an ability there, an possibly their stats being focused differently with less attack or less defense.

The trick I suppose will be in balancing the skills/talents to be useful on their own, while still allowing them to work in a constructive way with the summoned minions, as well as keep the summoned minion power curve in line with only a few of them and maxing them out. If you made the first or second unit acquired by the Death Mage a summoner you have more lee way with the abilities because they will never run into a “if only I had a creature that skill/talent would work on… oh well maybe later” situation.

Lastly, Not all creatures fit in all parties. This is already true. Putting an Imler into the party before you have found an Imling doesn’t seem like a smart decision, and some supporting units just WILL NOT be smart decisions for some parties. I would say embrace that fact, and make sure there are enough creatures available that DO seem like they would fit with your party rather than making all creatures bland enough to slap together any combination and make it viable. Your content gating is a little off for this right now, but you seem to definitely be aiming that way, and I LOVE it. I would ALWAYS rather have a variety of interesting abilities that I can’t use right now in this party but WANT to use at some point than a bland set where there isn’t any hint of “What if I had enough to make a party of that?” I am still waiting to see enough Diabolic Horde types and get the resources together to try out some of them.

Hmm Are you considering a classic two row system? creatures in the back gain a def bonus but an attack loss? A more interesting method (outside of abilities adding stuff to front/back) might be allow the front row to have a % chance to taunt attacks aimed at the creature directly behind them. Give you a chance to build your party where you can protect the squishies a little bit. There are pros and cons to having inherent position based buffs. Most people will expect to see something there, but what type of system is right for this game might need a lot of playing with to get right. Or it might just come down to having enough positionally based abilities and some of the more common expectations for them available early as creature abilities. (Guardian : 50% chance to Taunt attacks aimed at the back row…hmm stick that on iron golem and make a ClockWork Golem that has it’s current ability?)

[quote=“Zack, post:3, topic:175”]Yes, the automatic ability page scrolling is absolutely horrible. I don’t know what I was thinking, honestly. I’ll fix that ASAP.

I will smooth the resource curve a bit for the next patch. You’re completely right.

No, luck only affects incoming and outgoing damage. It doesn’t affect spells or artifacts. At first I thought it would be nice if it affected these things, but since luck scales with your level, it ends up being some arbitrary number that doesn’t really lend itself to making smart decisions.

Mithril Jewels (and other Imling/Imler-based materials) will still only work with Imlers and Imlings. These items were implemented only to give Imler and Imling users additional options if they want them. This will never break the bond, since the game determines if there’s a bond by seeing if there is ONLY one Imler and ONLY one Imling fighting on your side.[/quote]

Thanks for answering my questions, I am excited to see where this game goes from here. Looks like I was set --verbose again. :smiley: