Switch players, please read!

The first few days of the Switch launch went very smoothly. However, a few days later, some players ran into a major issue that ultimately caused their save files to become unplayable. The reason for this is as follows: when the game creates a palette for a fused creature, it stores the palette’s data in a small file that is stored on your Switch. Each combination of creatures you encounter creates one of these files. This has never caused an issue on the other platforms, but for some reason, Switch crashes when your fusion cache becomes too large.

I have already prepared a patch to address this issue, fix some other reported bugs/crashes, and improve game performance across the board. However, Nintendo needs to approve the patch, and my best guess for when this will happen is early next week.

As a workaround for now, please open your in-game menu, go to Options, Gameplay, and then make sure Enemy Fusion Palettes is set to “OFF”. This will most likely prevent you from ever running into this problem. As an added safety precaution, please make use of the Cloud Storage function on the title menu. You don’t need to backup your save file after every single realm, but a backup every hour or so wouldn’t hurt. Alternatively, you may just want to wait until the patch is released.

I am not sure if the patch will retroactively fix the crash, but I strongly doubt it. In order to play the game again, you will need to delete your save files via the following method:

• On the Switch homescreen, go to System Settings.
  • Scroll down to Data Management.
  • Scroll to the bottom and choose Delete Save Data.
  • Choose Siralim Ultimate from the list.
  • Choose Delete All Save Data for This Software.
  • If you have your save file backed up using our Cloud Storage feature, you can now re-import your file and play as normal. Or, you can start a new save file and adhere to the workaround I mentioned above.

I am very, very sorry this happened. This is definitely a worst-case scenario, and I am doing everything I can to get things up and running as soon as possible. To be clear, I do not believe this is a widespread issue as it takes some serious playtime for the issue to occur, namely time spent on an end-game save file. Better safe than sorry, though, so please make sure you disable Enemey Fusion Palettes for now using the method mentioned above.

I will provide another update when the patch is approved by Nintendo.

1 Like

The patch has been approved by Nintendo and is now available for download!

To manually check for updates, highlight Siralim Ultimate on your Switch’s homescreen, press +, select Software Update, and then choose “Via the Internet”.

You’ll know for sure that you have the update if version 1.1.3 is displayed on the game’s title screen.

Patch notes:

• Major performance optimizations in battle.
  • Major performance optimizations for fusion - this will be most noticeable when choosing color palettes for your fused creatures, but this will result in a performance boost throughout the rest of the game as well.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when completing the Tier 3 Goblet of Trials Project.
  • Fixed crashes that could occur when too many effects happened in battles at the same time.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the fusion palette cache to overflow, causing the game to crash.

If you were affected by the crash mentioned in the last line, it is highly unlikely you’ll be able to use your save file even after this patch is applied. To delete the corrupted files, please refer to my last message for instructions.

Thank you for your patience! I’ll continue to monitor feedback to make sure no other issues come up.