Taunt

Just wondering how the buff taunt works compared to a provoking creature (assuming the stronghold ability for 100% provoke chance).

As an example, a creature that provokes, and is then snared or frozen by an enemy before its next turn, it still recieves all direct attacks.
Will a creature with the taunt buff also intercept attacks if it is snared or frozen while having the buff?

How about if it is stunned?

Taunt will make the creature intercept 100% of the time under any condition.

Sweet :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I know there are rare materials that allow you to gain taunt on or when hit. I’ve heard that there is a mat called inscription of taunting. Is it a legendary mat or just a rare mat? I must have transmuted 100’s of times and have yet to see it as a rare mat, so I’m assuming it’s legendary. Does the same thing apply to inscription of berserk?

I think the ones you are reffering to is:

Greater inscription of …

Those count as legendary materials and give the buff permanently, like molten armour, berserk and so on. And yes, they do exist ^^

That makes sense. On the older versions they were not legendary mats (at least for berserk), but obviously revised. Taunt with another legendary enchant would’ve been too broken.

The Greater Inscription of Taunting allows your creature to begin the battle with Taunt. If the creature dies and you resurrect it, the creature will no longer have Taunt, so calling it a permanent buff is not quite accurate.

Ah, I see. I guess there is no creature that has an ability that gives them permanent taunt yet.
I would really like a more reliable tank than provoking, since it feels so unrealiable at times, and a more controllable one (where the attacks hit) than the pegasus ability.

Hmm, just got an idea that might work out, ill add it to the kreate-a-kreature topic ^^

[quote=“Respwner, post:8, topic:702”]Ah, I see. I guess there is no creature that has an ability that gives them permanent taunt yet.
I would really like a more reliable tank than provoking, since it feels so unrealiable at times, and a more controllable one (where the attacks hit) than the pegasus ability.

Hmm, just got an idea that might work out, ill add it to the kreate-a-kreature topic ^^[/quote]

Tanks I’ve used so far with success:
-Stronghold with Death Beckons is a very solid provoking tank. Absorbs all attacks at 1 damage.
-Witchdoctor Sacrificer with Cloak and Dagger: defending activates both abilites. His default reduces all attacks on allies to 1 damage but he will receive 200% more damage when attacked. The cloak and dagger negates this by giving him invisibility which disappears once he attacks (hint: don’t attack).
-Witchdoctor Sacrificer with Curse of the Silent and Necropolis w/ Steadfast Resilience: This combo gives you a tank that absorbs all attack damage to 1 and poisons enemies in the process. Enemies will still get poisoned even if he was protected by shell and barrier.

Just watch out for enemies with % based damage attacks, occultists, and the flaring efreet. I’m sure there are others I haven’t mentioned that can break these tanks.

Death Crafter deals extra damage based on its artifact’s attack, so it bypasses damage-reducing effects. Likewise, Pestilence Crafter always deals damage spread to the right of whatever it hits.

Frenzy Ghoul destroys all of these strategies, by the by.

FRENZY GHOUL!

Yeah, I haven’t unlocked him yet but I will definitely shit bricks when I see him on the other side. Got a small preview last night when I killed a Gimp Mummy. From what I understand his Wrath on all enemies prevents attacking and provoking. Is that correct? How many turns does wrath last for? God, I hope it’s not the whole match.

The Frenzy Ghoul is less useful as a party member, and more of a spoiler for some of the best party builds to encounter in the field. It took me a while to figure out a good counter. Can you guess what it is? :-X

To clarify, Wrath prevents defending or provoking, not attacking. Wroth creatures attack!

How long does Wrath last? And does killing him disable it?

Until the end of the battle or until a turn after the Ghoul dies, I believe.